Senior Android Engineer - Health & Wellness Team
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Technology
- Team Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2010874
What you'll do at
What you'll do
We need super smart engineers to help build the best products to disrupt the Health and Wellness space. We are a small team of passionate Mobile engineers looking to bring on more talented Android engineers to revolutionize this space. We pride ourselves in taking great care of our customers and their health needs. If that's you and you are up for this challenge, please read on.
Walmart is building a talent hub to revolutionize H&W. The Hoboken team is building an elite mobile team and is looking for a strong hands-on senior Android Engineer to join their quest. You will be a key member of the Android team and will be responsible for a wide range of android products focused on frontend implementation and building out enhancements and new features for our apps.
You will be a hands on self-starter with extraordinary technical skills. As a part of an agile Android team, you will have unparalleled opportunity to impact our product and millions of customers and associates! If you thrive in a dynamic environment where you are implementing crucial android features, then this is the job for you!
You have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You want to be a part of the team to disrupt this industry and you have these main skills:
- Extensive understanding of Android framework components and their respective lifecycles combined with a solid knowledge of multithreading, networking, offline storage and performance tuning
- Expert level knowledge of Java, Android SDK and Gradle, and experience working with Reactive framework (RxAndroid) and dependency injection (Dagger)
- Experience with Kotlin is a plus (We are working on brand new apps written in 100% Kotlin)
- Experience in developing content rich applications including animation and window transition with Material Design
- Experience in good app architecture using design patterns such as MVVM, MVP or Clean
Ability to build products with focus on testability, someone who loves test coverage (well versed with Mockito and JUnit)
- A disciplined approach to development, code review, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment.
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things to the next level and a passion for adopting the latest features in Android.
BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field preferred.
2+ years in Android Development with a strong sense of communication and collaboration.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.