Outbound Senior Operations Manager of eCommerce
- Location SPARKS, NV
- Department Fulfillment Center
- Team Fulfillment Center
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1952985
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About Our Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with us to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
You’ll be responsible for ensuring smooth day to day operation of a single or multiple departments within the fulfillment center focused on ensuring our customers receive their orders.
We are seeking entry level and experienced Warehouse Process Managers for our Fulfillment Center (FC) in Sparks, NV. We have already recruited some of the best people in the country, so you will be working with a very smart group of people in a very exciting company.
All staff in our Fulfillment Centers are responsible for getting our customers their orders. You are responsible for ensuring smooth day to day operation of a single or multiple departments within the fulfillment center. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Hiring, coaching, mentoring, counseling and performance management of Associates.
- Identify areas for improvements in safety, quality, service and productivity
- Assist in workforce planning for the department/FC
- In addition, one of the most important aspects of your job is to lead change at lightning speeds... our growth is relentless.
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
- Relocation options available
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Direct management experience for employees and their performance
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement (how, when, who)
- Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
- Bonus Points
- Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations or related field is a plus
- 3+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or order fulfillment environment
- Management of a minimum of 15 employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment)