eCommerce Director (Reno, NV Fulfillment Center)
- Location SPARKS, NV
- Department Fulfillment Center
- Team General Fulfillment
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1921134
What you'll do at
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliantly.
About the Job
Jet.com is seeking an experienced Director for our fast-paced Fulfillment Center in Reno, NV. The ideal candidate has led a large (800K+ sq. ft.) high-volume warehouse distribution/fulfillment center operation and has a progressive track record of driving operational efficiency and results. Exceptional interpersonal team leadership skills are essential as you’ll oversee a staff of 500+ hourly associates, an AGM, Process Managers, Operations Managers, and Sr. Operations Managers.
As the Director you will participate in network-wide or company-wide activities as a representative of the site to lead and achieve daily operations, quality, safety, and team development in our Reno, NV Fulfillment Center. This leader will be capable of leading Jet’s Reno, NV team today and scale to meet our vision for 2020 and beyond.
What We Are Looking For
- Bridges execution and strategy development, translates the functional strategy into functional and/or team goals, independently own the road-map for a functional area and/or team, analyzes and diagnoses issues, develops recommendations to influence the functional strategy; Leverages cross-functional knowledge and partnerships to drive change.
- Trusted to make tough calls, requires limited guidance, translates corporate and functional strategy into department goals and objectives, ensures team decisions are consistent with functional strategy; demonstrates advanced-level thinking, creates the structure for projects/programs; defines priorities for self and team.
- Promote our Jet values across the organization.
- Builds his/her team's business acumen, expertise and leadership skills.
- Provides feedback transparently and acts as a champion for his/her team(s), mentors those with less experience and is a peer coach to new hires.
- Is a people leader, able to provide feedback transparently and act as a champion for his/her team members; acts as a mentor to those with less experience and a peer coach to new hires.
- Positioned to drive innovation and change within his/her team or area. Understands the value of risk-taking; promotes experimentation and innovation.
- Executes Jet’s talent strategy, holds a high bar for talent on the team, trusted to assess talent to the Director level.
- Is fully committed to upholding our high cultural bar, participates in interviews and champions the Jet brand and culture both internally and externally.
- Support multiple shifts and teams within the Reno, NV Fulfillment Center
- Ensure safe, efficient warehouse facility operations by advocating safety training & accident preparedness
- Meet or exceed volume and department productivity goals
- Have the ability to analyze and make staffing adjustments to respond to workflow
- Development and implementation of short term and long-range goals and operational plans to achieve site objectives, while maintaining and continuously improve cost-efficiency and facility performance
- Actively coach, counsel, challenge & inspire staff to facilitate growth and development
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships across all levels and departments in order to implement strategic solutions
- Foster and reinforce a positive, collaborative environment that respects and values diversity
- Develop individuals and share positive and constructive feedback to ensure that team members understand the connection between development tools and their performance
- Support and drive daily planning and site objectives to ensure organizational consensus
- Ensure all processes execute to Jet standards of quality, efficiency, and cost
- Evaluate existing operational process and identify CI opportunities to drive improved performance, cost and customer experience
- 7-10 years of related experience directly reporting to Senior Leadership
- Experience overseeing large, diverse teams of 500+ hourly associates and exempt leaders
- Strong reasoning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate policies & procedures clearly
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, Master’s Degree preferred
- Fulfillment/Distribution Center Operations or Plant Management expertise
- Excellent presentation skills
- P&L responsibility experience
- Strong leadership ability
- Excellent client relationship management
- Strong computer skills (including MS Office and SAP)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Superior project management skills
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize tasks