Director, Contact Center (Marketplace)
- Location SALT LAKE CITY, UT
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1831124
What you'll do at
About This Position
Walmart Ecommerce is seeking a Director, Contact Center for our Marketplace division. This leader will set best practices, standards and guidelines for all seller interactions and will be responsible for managing/developing contact center strategies consistent with a world class contact center environment. The Director will be held accountable to create a culture of high performance and achievement, deliver coaching and training across the center operations, and report on all relevant metrics. They will lead efforts and project manage contact center operation and technology strategy, tool development and process integrations to ensure the call center operates as a leading edge operation based on best practices.
What You'll Do
- Develop operational management strategy and business goals, plans, success factors, and performance metrics which drive innovation and efficiencies within the contact center.
- Direct the development of strategies to enhance the seller experience and resolution rate of the contact center cases.
- Lead and manage business process and technology improvements through awareness of competitor services and new market system services, bringing innovative thinking to the department.
- Manage budget and resource allocation for efficient operation of the contact center. Ensure customer service levels, quality standards, and compliance requirements are met. Oversee forecasting to proactively support hiring plans based on expected volume.
- Hold contact center leadership accountable through proactive coaching and monitoring in order to achieve goals and performance metrics. Drive a culture of high performance and provide performance feedback to; build accountability for adherence to policies and procedures; update status and reporting progress to senior leadership.
- Develop and manage strategy for contact center analytics and reporting; review new project requests and evaluate solutions.
- Manage business processes and operations by continuously identifying inefficiencies and potential improvements.
- Promote a team environment through active listening and by providing a safe environment for the open exchange of ideas and opinions for a positive working culture.
- Lead and train the team to consistently provide a positive seller experience by modeling and setting the standards for gracious, quick and efficient service.
- A minimum of 15 years experience in customer service or call center environment (direct to consumer or eCommerce organization preferred)
- A minimum of 10 years experience in Contact Center leadership, or equivalent with roles of increasing responsibility
- Experience managing a contact center of 175+ employees where email, chat, voice channels are utilized.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Familiarity with AI and machine learning as it applies to contact center operations
- Strong reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
- Experience with Salesforce and Jira preferred