- Location PEDRICKTOWN, NJ
- Department Fulfillment Center
- Team Fulfillment Center
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1819318
What you'll do at
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliantly.
About the Job
All staff in our Fulfillment Centers are responsible for getting Jet customers their orders. You are responsible for ensuring smooth day to day operation of a single or multiple departments within the fulfillment center. Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Hiring, coaching, mentoring, counseling, and performance management of Associates.
- Identify areas for improvements in safety, quality, service, and productivity.
- Assist in workforce planning for the department/FC.
- In addition, one of the most important aspects of your job is to lead change at lightning speeds... our growth is relentless.
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Walking in the FC and around the area with great frequency.
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily.
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned.
- Able to access all areas of the building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation).
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 3+ years of relevant fulfillment experience.
- Direct management experience for employees and their performance.
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement (how, when, who)
- Bonus Points:
- Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field is a plus.
- 5+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or order fulfillment environment.
- Management of a minimum of 15 employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment).