eCommerce Process Manager NJ1– Compliance, Safety & Asset Protection
- Location PEDRICKTOWN, NJ
- Department Fulfillment Center
- Team Fulfillment Center
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1807971
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About Our Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with us to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
This position is responsible for assisting in overseeing compliance, safety and asset protection functions. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job-related responsibilities and duties throughout the facility as assigned and/or as necessary.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Manages warehouse daily operations by monitoring and ensuring facility performance related to safety and security (e.g., security systems, fire protection, safety programs, audits to identify potential loss, food safety, process safety management); and monitoring and ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations (i.e. OSHA, Hazardous Waste, NFPA, Storm Water, DOT, FDA, EPA, etc.) relating to daily operations.
- Maintain quality and safety standards in the area of responsibility by ensuring associates are trained on ECommerce and company policies, standards and procedures; monitoring associate compliance to policies and procedures; distributing and maintaining procedures and supporting documentation.
- Supervise and develop associates in the area of responsibility by assigning duties and coordinating workloads, monitoring performance and providing feedback
- Monitor and manage the productivity of area of responsibility by preparing, reviewing and/or analyzing business reports.
- Identify associate concerns by listening and consulting with others when needed to determine corrective action to take or make recommendations in order to resolve.
- Assigning duties and coordinating workloads in order to achieve facility goals (e.g., production, quality, safety).
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Manages Asset Protection Operations - Leverages knowledge of and expertise in asset protection procedures. Teaches, utilizes, and enforces company and regulatory policies, standards, and procedures throughout the area of responsibility and quickly identifies and addresses problems or improvement opportunities.
- Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment - Identifies, reviews, and applies policies and procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies and uses facts, information, and expertise to set priorities and make informed decisions
- Execution and Results: Holds associates accountable for completing work within expectations and time requirements. Plans and manages own and others' time, based on business priorities, and follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Encourages associates to strive for excellence, efficiency, and quality in work practices.
- Planning and Improvement: Sets realistic timelines for goal accomplishment. Improves work processes and practices to increase performance and results.
- Influence and Communicate: Increase Commitment - Builds trusting, cooperative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Effectively communicates and shares experience and ideas with associates across the organization.
- Ethics and Compliance: Manage Ethics and Compliance - Instructs associates on how to act in accordance with policies and procedures and supports their efforts in doing so. Ensures associates demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethics in work situations.
- Corrects ethical and compliance issues, enforcing compliance and administering appropriate consequences as needed.
- Talent: Supervise Associates - Provides specific, honest, accurate, and timely feedback on associate performance. Assigns tasks to associates that fit their skill levels and maximize team performance. Uses people processes (for example, selection, development, performance evaluation) to ensure effective associate performance. Teaches, guides, and assists in the development of associates.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Moves up and downstairs.
- Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds without assistance.
- Grasps, turns, and manipulates objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Visually reads and verifies information, often in small print.
- Visually locates merchandise and other objects.
- Visually inspects equipment.
- Reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Observe the behavior of others (i.e., associates, customers, suppliers).
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required, which could include, but not be limited to fall protection, eye protection, hearing protection, respiratory protection, chemical protection and electrical protection such as protective footwear.
- Operate the motor vehicle or other large power equipment.
- Walk within the work area for extended periods of time.
- Enter and locate information on a computer or system communication device.
- Differentiate sounds in order to inspect and maintain equipment, identify potential hazards, or recognize safety alarms.
- Write documents, reports, etc. using a writing instrument (e.g., pencil, pen) or computer.
Working in the following environment is necessary to perform one or more of the essential functions of this position.
- May work with substances that require special handling
- Works in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions.
- Moves over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Work overnight, weekends, and varying shifts.
- Work indoors for extended periods of time.
- Move through narrow, enclosed, or elevated spaces.
- Work outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Associate degree in Law Enforcement or related field and 1-year supervisory experience OR Bachelor's Degree in Law Enforcement or related field OR
- 2 years Walmart ECommerce experience OR 2 years Asset Protection related supervisory experience.
- Both Bachelor's Degree in Business, ECommerce, Law Enforcement or related field; AND 1-year Asset Protection management experience.
- 2 or more years supervisory experience in an Asset Protection industry.
- Certification in an Asset Protection related field (e.g. Loss Prevention Professional (LPP), Certified Forensic Investigator (CFI), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Occupational Safety & Health Technologist (OHST).
- 1-year Microsoft Office experience.