Business Development Associate
- Location SALT LAKE CITY, UT
- Department Retail
- Team Partner Operations
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1791772
What you'll do at
About Walmart eCommerce
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
About Business Development
The Business Development team is part of the larger Acquisitions department. The Business Development teams’ mission is to drive the acquisition of quality marketplace partners for Walmart.com.
About the Job
The business development team is made of associates who will develop and secure new business relationships by communicating the value of selling on Walmart.com through lead generation, outbound email campaigns and cold calling of prospective partners. The term partner refers to our potential sellers who are applying to sell products on our Walmart.com marketplace platform.
A Business Development Associate role is a quota carrying role that is responsible for working daily on a category specific acquisition pipeline and the specific job duties are as follows:
- Work with category partners to identify trends, assortment gaps and other business-related product requests
- Assist in the development of prospect/leads lists for outreach initiatives for assigned category
- Develop and manage prospective partnerships with priority, in-demand brands and assortment through cold calling, email outreach, trade show attendance, etc. for designated sub-category
- Assist potential partners through the acquisition funnel and ensuring they complete the application process
- Assist in analyses that inform business decisions (e.g. ROI, category growth, conversion rates, profitability, assortment density). Creates basic reports and uses pre-defined dashboards. Gathers data for competitive and internal benchmarking and research.
- Meat/Beat KPIs related to category acquisition targets and pipeline SLAs
- Collaborates with the Sales Operations team and Category Business development lead to identify opportunities for process refinement and improvement
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Collaborate with various business teams including Growth & Acceleration, Sales Operations, Category Management, and Trust & Safety to meet and beat targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, eCommerce, Sales, or related field with 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Detailed oriented and organized with ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects
- Experience working in Salesforce or other CRM tools preferred
- Flexibility and comfort in a fast-paced, ambiguous, always changing environment required
- Outstanding work ethic – proactive, helpful, and driven
- Works well both independently or in group
- Ability to travel to tradeshows and partner meetings as required by the business
- Able to multitask with different partners in different parts of acquisition
- Strong interpersonal skills
- This role is based in our Salt Lake City office