- Location BRONX, NY
- Department Fulfillment Center
- Team Fresh Fulfillment
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1671104
What you'll do at
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
As a Process Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead and develop your own team of Jet Associates; one of your main focuses will be motivating, mentoring, and coaching your team. You will be responsible for engaging your team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance performance and engagement are maintained. To achieve this, managers are expected to provide their associates with the tools needed for success as well as keenly drive productivity and efficiency through data-driven decisions and analytical problem-solving.
- Supporting all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates.
- Developing performance goals and objectives to achieve customer promise expectations and ensure accuracy and quality.
- Partnering with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards.
- Proactively identifying and leading process improvement initiatives and Lean tools.
- Building and executing productivity plans by reviewing work forecasts, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with other Process Managers to balance labor.
- Leading and developing a team of Jet associates.
- Communicating policies to associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed.
- Ensuring procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention.
- Creating, managing, and supporting recognition and communication programs.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and we are even more committed to working with you to make that happen. Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in physical warehouse activities with or without reasonable accommodation. These activities include the following:
- Lifting and moving material up to 49 pounds each.
- Bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Frequent walking in the building and around area; facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Standing and walking for up to 10-12 hours a day.
- Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation
- You have a completed bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of FC experience.
- You are authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- You take ownership in your work and team and are available to work overtime during Jet’s peak holiday season and as needed year-round. In addition, you are flexible to work on any type of assigned shift (nights, weekends, etc.).
- You pride yourself in leading others; you have direct management experience and have been responsible for your employees’ performance.
- You have an eye for efficiency and have experience identifying and executing process improvement initiatives.
- You not only have experience in managing a team of 30+ employees, you also lead process improvements though Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, or a related field.
- You have over 3 years of management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
- You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
- You don’t hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. You typically volunteer to lead projects and help your team achieve goals. You have a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- You like adventures and taking risks. You are willing to relocate to any of our sites in the country with the assistance provided.
- You see value in long term thinking and large scale impact to a company. You have interest in developing a long-term career through assignments in multiple operational buildings across the nation.