Director, Supply Chain Management - Sporting Goods
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Operations
- Team Replenishment
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1629238
What you'll do at
About the Job
We want a passionate, driven, visionary leader with a strong track-record of high performance to build and execute supply chain strategies for our Sporting Goods Category. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for managing their own business, as they will be given significant ownership over a portion of Walmart eCommerce’s Supply Chain operations. This role will work closely with many other people in the organization especially the Fulfillment Center and Category management.
- Build, hire and mentor a team of managers and associates
- Partner with Category management team to meet business and operational targets
- Lead execution of daily processes with maniacal attention to detail – purchase inventory, troubleshoot problem items, and track orders to 100% accuracy
- Develop our next generation supply chain systems, working with our engineers to prioritize the most impactful improvements.
- Deliver immediate, proactive, whatever-it-takes support to our fulfillment centers
- Lead our team through your daily example, contributing to our values, our norms, our high standard of performance
- Analyzes inventory levels and supports the development of a replenishment strategy based on current sales trends for multiple categories with few complexities.
- Develops strategic solutions to optimize the ordering approach and optimize delivery process.
- Monitors KPIs (e.g., OnTimeShipment/ Pickup and OnTimeDelivery) for multiple categories with few complexities
- Collaborates with key vendors to drive improvements on key metrics, such as fill rate, lead time and out of stock for categories with few complexities
- Develops solutions to recurring issues within the fulfillment center based on knowledge of Walmart operations
- Partners with multiple category GMs and/or Super GM to build and execute plans and actions to support the categories’ and company’s financial targets and objectives
- Ensures associates are receiving learning and development opportunities (e.g. training, mentoring) for the good of the associate and Walmart
- MBA or relevant Master’s Degree (Operations, Supply Chain) from a graduate program with demonstrated high academic achievement
- 10+ years of professional experience or relevant internships in a highly analytical, data intensive and/or strategic role, preferably with significant experience in Supply Chain and/or online retail.
- Track-record of effectively managing teams to complete multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities with minimum guidance.
- Ability to manipulate large quantities of data to drive business decisions is a must – expert in Microsoft Excel required and expert in Microsoft SQL a big plus.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Startup mentality: scrappy, creative, and constantly iterating to be best-in-class
About Walmart eCommerce
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.