Product Manager, Item Cost Platform
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1421740
What you'll do at
Product Manager, Item Cost System
As a Product Manager in the Retail Core Engine you’ll be charged with leading strategic definition and tactical outcomes for Walmart’s US Stores and eCommerce Business. Your scope will span eCommerce and omni-channel initiatives intersecting online and offline opportunities. You’ll be working with a brilliant team during one of the most transformative moments in the retail industry.
About the Retail Core Engine:
Our team builds the technologies that empower shoppers to have an experience that is best in class across a multitude of devices, product categories and fulfillment options. We partner closely with Retail Leadership to ensure the experience from Supplier to Customer is seamless. As a product manager within the Retail Core Engine you’ll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to influence the behavior of hundreds of millions of consumers. You will be challenged to deliver innovation at scale balanced with operational frameworks to ensure consistent performance. You’ll work in a close partnership with engineering to define a roadmap, maintain agility, and navigate to delivery through any set of constraints.
As the backbone of Walmart’s US ECommerce Retail Business you’ll have exposure to:
- Thousands of suppliers who rely on our technology to maximize their performance
- Millions of customers who shop on Walmart’s US-eCommerce Properties (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos, Shoes.com)
- Diverse set of leaders who represent the best and brightest in their fields
- All aspects of the lifecycle that powers a multi-billion dollar business… partner experience, supply chain, product catalog, search, tooling, consumer experience
- The ability to influence the direction of a company only constrained by your vision and passion to execute
About Walmart US eCommerce
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Moosejaw, VUDU, ModCloth & Bonobos. Here, innovators incubate next gen eCommerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. The world's largest retailer is also the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic ecommerce organization. We are creating a seamless experience that lets customers shop anytime and anywhere using online, mobile, social and stores. Walmart’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of eCommerce.
About the Job
Walmart's Retail Core Engine team leads the development of platforms for item cost management across Walmart’s US stores and eCommerce sites, including Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle.com, Shoes.com and others. The item cost system tracks the cost to move items through the Walmart supply chain, from supplier to store or eCommerce fulfillment center, and will provide full transparency to all the components of item cost, including supplier cost, transportation, and handling.
In this role, you will partner with Walmart US business leadership and the Walmart Retail Technology organization on conceptualizing, designing, and building the next generation cost management platform that will empower each Walmart US to build omnichannel and unique customer-centric experiences.
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated and data driven product professional with a passion for building systems at a massive scale.
What You'll do
In this role, you will:
- Define product strategy for our next generation item cost platform.
- Build an effective roadmap and define user stories that support business objectives and stakeholder needs.
- Collaborate across all of Walmart's US Stores, eCommerce sites and thousands of merchants to build scalable solutions that leverage Walmart's supply chain and fulfillment network.
- Develop solutions that enable Walmart to deliver great omni-channnel customer experiences.
- Work across product and engineering teams to deliver scalable systems that power the customer experience.
- Deliver cutting edge solutions at Walmart scale.
- Serve as an internal evangelist for your product.
Who are you
- Strong communicator; able to level up and down on topics with ease.
- Able to convincingly communicate product vision, solutions and benefits of new features to retail, product, and technology teams.
- Drive continuous improvement while balancing both "incremental" and "breakthrough" improvements.
- History of successfully influencing through peers/peer teams to achieve milestones.
- Ability to query, process, review and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data to uncover new product insights.
- Analytical thinker who partners closely with Data Science and Analytics to uncover and exploit leverage points.
- Can envision a world different than the status quo and can clearly articulate the path to get there.
- Proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Someone people like working with!
- 2+ years of Product Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior eCommerce platform experience
- Prior experience building systems that scale to hundreds of millions of transactions per day
- Ideally versed in both online and integrated retail environments
- Strong technical acumen. You know and can describe many of the following: SQL, NoSQL, Hive, Hadoop, Kafka, Scala
- MBA a plus