- Location SPARKS, NV
- Department Fulfillment Center
- Team Fulfillment Center
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1404798
What you'll do at
This is a position for a skilled maintenance person with a broad background across trades. It will require someone who has (at minimum) an intermediate understanding of electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics and general facility maintenance and repairs (this is representative of the knowledge acquired through 3-5 years of direct experience). The right candidate will be the point person for overall maintenance operations for a growing facility. The right person will have a passion for preventative and predictive maintenance, a high level of organization and the ability to be a mentor and help others grow with them.
- Maintains efficient and proper operation of automated and non-automated powered conveyance systems, warehouse equipment and fixtures, powered industrial trucks (forklifts, man-lifts, etc.) by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic systems, conveyor systems, and hydraulic systems; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications
- Troubleshoot problems by observation and various diagnostic methodologies;
- Use of testing equipment such as multi-meters, feeler gauges, precision measuring equipment, thermal scanners, etc.
- In scope repair of warehouse equipment and fixtures using hand and power tools.
- Adjusts machine controls, devices and instruments using hand and power tools
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment
- Has the ability to read, understand, and develop technical instructions, schematics, diagrams, Standard Operating Procedures, etc.
- Has or can obtain OSHA 30 certification within six months of employment.
- Intermediate computer proficiency-capable of operating basic PM software and online checklists
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Skills and Qualifications:
High School Graduate or GED
The ability to stand, walk, stoop, climb, etc. for extended periods of time.
The ability to lift up to 60lbs up to 3 times per hour
Good verbal and written communication skills
Ability to read and understand regulations and codes
Equipment Maintenance, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Safe working practices, Power Tools, Hand Tools, Flexibility, Supervision, Ability to mentor others