Associate Director, CRM Marketing (Walmart.com)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Marketing
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1202637
What you'll do at
This position is responsible for the operation of a department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job-related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or necessary.
This position will be responsible for the overall strategy and implementation of our marketing lifecycle campaigns; planning, designing and implementing the welcome, nurture, retention and loyalty programs, evaluating the effectiveness of the programs, and ensuring integration across departments. Working with the relevant stakeholders across category marketing, creative and product management, this position will lead the strategy and build of nurturing programs for Walmart’s customers.
This individual will also work closely with our data and operations teams to produce views of nurturing, retention and reactivation effectiveness. Using that information, this individual will lead the creation and optimization of the nurturing and loyalty programs to maximize return, retention and efficiency across the customer lifecycle.
• Build, implement, monitor and improve Walmart’s email marketing strategy, test plans and automation plan development with deep collaboration and coordination across marketing, design and technology teams
• Govern the strategy and management of email at Walmart by developing and managing nurture flows for customers that are aligned with Walmart’s business strategies
• Manage the customer database by creating customer targeting and segmentation strategies and maintain list health and performance
• Work with our email, owned channels and marketing teams to create emails, landing pages, forms, reports and other related infrastructure to support corporate and omni-channel campaigns
• Partner with the technology team to develop strategies and product implementations aligning the various parts of Walmart’s marketing stack
• Define and optimize key performance metrics and prepare relevant dashboards to share results across the team and report up to senior management
• Develop and manage a testing strategy to continuously optimize CRM programs, emails, landing pages, and complete campaigns
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Develops and manages key supplier partnerships on new and existing marketing initiatives by serving as a direct point of contact; collaborating to develop key marketing strategies that grow the Walmart and supplier businesses; and negotiating and overseeing supplier marketing budget allocations.
- Manages large-scale marketing initiative development and execution (for example, In-Store merchandising, advertising, media plans, promotional events) by utilizing customer insights and competitive analysis; analyzing sales and trends using panel data, and other sources (for example, experience tracker); leveraging supplier and syndicated research (for example, ACNielsen); following news and research regarding specific segments, categories and competition; completing competitive reviews; negotiating contracts with suppliers; ensuring agencies are producing work that reflects and communicates Walmart's strategies and objectives; working with agencies to develop strategic plans and goals for overall marketing calendar and specific campaigns; and analyzing results and return-on-investment (ROI) of programs.
- Stewards the Walmart brand by ensuring Walmart and supplier marketing programs (for example, radio, signing, direct mail, TV, circular, print) are consistent with branding guidelines.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for Marketing by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Develops overall department, segment or category annual operating plans (AOPs) by collaborating with Merchandising, Operations, and Marketing leadership; working with cross-functional departmental experts (for example, media team, advertising team, consumer insights, strategy, finance); integrating brand assortment, promotional planning, new product or concept testing and rollout, media strategy and planning, Walmart.com, In-Store communication and events within the AOP; developing innovative marketing programs; and following-up to ensure the AOP is executed and changes and challenges are resolved.
- Identifies business needs by analyzing, interpreting, and responding to sales data relative to goals; developing strategic initiatives based on the data to drive growth in profit and sales; tracking project and initiative performance and results on an ongoing basis; and recommending adjustments to plans based on evaluation of performance.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost- effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Judgment: Make Informed Judgments - Uses relevant business metrics, analyses, and reports to measure, monitor, and improve performance. Identifies and applies sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities and making decisions. Looks beyond symptoms to determine the root causes of problems, and identify and implement applicable solutions. Integrates knowledge and expertise in making fact-based recommendations and decisions.
- Customer/Member Centered: Ensure Customer/Member Centered Performance - Analyzes data and information, and develops plans to exceed customer/member expectations. Sponsors initiatives and practices that provide customers/members with desired products, services, and experiences and that grow the business. Ensures customers/members receive the level of service that builds their trust and confidence. Removes barriers to delivering customer/member value, service, and support.
- Execution and Results: Ensure Execution and Achieve Results - Conveys a sense of urgency in ways that motivate others to complete responsibilities and achieve goals. Pursues the achievement and alignment of measurable and meaningful goals. Leverages resources and talent to achieve business goals. Ensures others are held accountable for achieving expected results. Prioritizes and balances time, actions, and projects to ensure accomplishment of results. Monitors progress of others and redirects efforts when goals change or results are not met.
- Planning and Improvement: Ensure Planning and Improvement - Sets clear expectations, performance measures, and goals, and helps others do the same. Plans for and ensures others have the information, resources, implementation time, and talent needed to accomplish business initiatives. Identifies and plans for improvement in performance using key business metrics.
Influence and Communicate: Build and Influence Team - Develops and communicates logical, convincing reasons, including lessons learned, to build support for one's viewpoints and actions. Involves others in decisions and plans that affect them, when appropriate. Recognizes and rewards team accomplishments, celebrating team and organizational success. Ensures business priorities, change initiatives, and organizational information are communicated in clear and compelling ways. Promotes the exchange of diverse experiences and ideas within own organization.
- Ethics and Compliance: Ensure Ethics and Compliance - Actively communicates, trains, and guides associates on compliance with policies and procedures. Maintains an environment that promotes and reinforces the highest standards of integrity and ethics. Anticipates potential issues and takes action to enhance compliance.
- Adaptability: Adapt and Learn - Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, or adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities. Seeks exposure to new ideas and perspectives. Identifies and takes steps to improve adaptability and continuous learning capabilities in own organization.
- Talent: Manage and Leverage Talent - Develops talent plans for own organization targeted at increasing effectiveness, building diversity, and enhancing bench strength. Manages roles, assignments, and developmental opportunities to maximize organizational performance. Ensures people processes (for example, selection, development, performance evaluation) lead to effective associate performance and desired results throughout own organization. Monitors associate performance and provides constructive feedback that is specific, honest, accurate, and timely. Provides learning opportunities, guidance, and support in the development of associates.
- Build Relationships: Network Internally and Externally - Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Relates to others in an accepting and respectful manner, regardless of their organizational level, personality, or background. Promotes a team-based work environment that respects, embraces, and values diversity in others.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.Enters and locates information on computer.Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer. Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Reads information, often in small print.
• Master's degree in Business Administration or related field and 4 years experience in Marketing or a related field OR Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or related field and 7 years experience in Marketing or related field OR 11 years experience in Marketing or related field.
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- 5 years marketing experience in a consumer packaged goods or retail environment
- 5+ years’ experience with marketing automation platforms (e.g., Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe, Oracle Marketing Cloud, Eloqua, Marketo etc.)
- HTML experience
- Omniture experience
- Demonstrated ability to execute successful projects with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
Why Walmart @Jet?
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, you’ll be able to access the resources and scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology and nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to catapult ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.