Category Manager, Kids Fashion- Basics and Sleep
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Retail
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH993942
What you'll do at
The Category Manager, Kids Basics and Sleep is responsible for ensuring their Children’s Fashion categories have a market-leading assortment, excellent financial performance and a great shopper experience across all of Walmart’s Ecommerce brands – Jet.com and Walmart.com (and whatever other brands join our family!). Your goal is to create the ultimate online destination for customers who turn to Jet.com and Walmart.com first when they are shopping for their Children.
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
Own your Children’s categories and brands – end to end – across all our ecommerce brands: You will be responsible for the performance of your category across all of Walmart’s Ecommerce brands –and be responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, and pricing.
Build a best in class customer experience: You will be working alongside Site and Creative teams to determine what your category looks like, how products are sourced, found, displayed, and finally, marketed to our millions of customers around the USA!
Managing and inspiring a team of category experts: You will be a part of hiring, managing and inspiring our category experts, some fresh out of college, who will own subcategories within your categories and allow you to deliver an amazing customer experience for every product we sell across all our channels. Your category specialists will be mini-GMs, and you will manage them and ensure they are helping you build our Children’s experience!
- Deliver category financial targets and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
- Evolve and elevate the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise and identifying assortment gaps and opportunities
- Build strong relationships and on board new brands
- Be first to market with new product launches
- Own and optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors, direct brand relationships, and third-party retailers
- Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence
- Partner with Site Merchandising on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Collaborate with marketing, editorial, and creative teams on category messaging and curation
- Manage a team of category specialists and experts
How you’ll know it’s right:
- If you love fashion, trends and merchandising…
- If you like owning something and being accountable for its outcomes…
- If you want to do things in the fashion industry that have not been done…
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward…
- BA/BS degree
- 7+ years of fashion professional experience within an e-commerce, wholesale or retail organization
- Proven track record of over delivering to financial plans and KPIs
- Demonstrated ability to form long-term strategic business relationships, and comfort engaging with senior executives
- Passion for Children’s Fashion
- Experience in building broad fashion assortments and scaling new businesses
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously, work independently, and drive projects to completion with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
- Experience in inspiring and managing teams
Walmart Ecommerce is changing the way the world shops. Our team of builders, thinkers, risk-takers, and dreamers is pushing the boundaries to create a world-class shopping experience that saves customers every penny possible. To win, we need people like YOU: curious, determined, and outrageously passionate. Sound like a fit? Let’s make a date.