Senior Systems Engineer
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Technology
- Team Infrastructure
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH951830
What you'll do at
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
Jet.com is currently looking for a senior Systems Engineer with experience working within a Microsoft environment utilizing Azure, O365, AD and SCCM. Our environment also includes Juniper hardware and Palo Alto for our firewall, with mixed user hardware including both PC & Mac. This role will be within our growing infrastructure division located in our corporate headquarters and be responsible for owning a large portion of our systems infrastructure projects & maintenance.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Independent & driven outside-the-box thinker
- Superb troubleshooting skills & methodology
- Highly organized & able to lead projects to improve workplace efficiency
- Comfortable working under deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Build & deploy new end-user facing systems (SaaS products & Microsoft infrastructure/services)
- Help manage cloud, hosted & stand-alone solutions
- Plan & Implement future IT/systems developments and undertaking project work
- Deploy, troubleshoot and manage Microsoft Exchange Server
- Help perform light network infrastructure troubleshooting
- 5+ years in a Systems Engineer role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Related Field / Experience.
- Superior knowledge of TCP/IP & other networking protocols & applications (IIS, DNS, etc.)
- Experience setting up and using Microsoft Office 365
- Windows Server 2012, VMware
- Experience with installs & upgrades for : Active Directory, SCCM, &/or WSUS
- Fortinet, Palo Alto, Juniper, & Aruba a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure (or similar platform) as well as SaaS & cloud-based services
- PowerShell &/or Batch scripting