Technical Integration Specialist
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Operations
- Team Operations
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH949682
What you'll do at
The Technical Integration Specialist is a subject matter expert that will support the design of next generation solutions (machines, processes, work stations, etc., automated and manual) and facilities for use within the extended Walmart e-commerce fulfillment network (including Walmart sortable, Walmart Non-sortable, Jet Sortable, Jet Fresh, Sam’s Club, Hayneedle, Shoebuy, etc.). Your ultimate goal is to lower Variable Cost Per Unit (VCPU) and Total Cost Per Unit (TCPU) in order to support the growth of the e-commerce fulfillment network.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Be Nimble, you will be responsible for delivering IT solution and support in a fast-paced environment.
- Be Scrappy, Identify cost effective and creative solutions for tech needs to deliver prototypes and proof of concepts.
- Be a problem solver, support team members as a subject matter expert to meet their IT needs and resolve their challenges.
- Deliver reliability, ensure system stability and reliability by providing diligent IT support during commissioning and post go live.
- Responsible for supporting cross functional partners with identifying specifications, procurement, setup, installation of various IT hardware.
- Coordinate with the supplier and the infrastructure team to complete the security review process in a timely manner.
- Support with setup and configuration of server, wireless network, access points, router, fire wall, desktop/mobile application, VPN, etc.
- Support with installation and configuration of software application.
- Deliver onsite and remote support during project commissioning and post go live.
- Research and recommend innovative IT solutions, e.g. hardware for VR/AR application, processor for robotics systems, IoT devices for asset/resource tracking and management, etc.
How You’ll Know It’s Right
Analytical Thinking/Problem solving - Be an expert in solving complex problems by understanding the underlying root cause of a difficult situation/requirement and solve it using creative methods. Ability to break down complex problems in to small parts and solve them in a systematic manner that achieves the overall desired results. Ability to identify and evaluate multiple options and alternatives and effectively determine the appropriate action based on available information.
Adaptability - Demonstrates resourcefulness and resilience in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities (for example, seeking out training, learning from experience, researching best practices, new emerging technologies and companies that can be leveraged for future solutions). Seeks exposure to new ideas and perspectives.
Execution and Results - Uses the advantage of company size, internal and external resources, and talent to achieve success. Applies broad, cross-functional knowledge and resources to produce results that best fit the company strategy. Prioritizes and balances time, actions, resources, and initiatives to ensure accomplishment of critical results.
Customer/Member Centered - Creates and maintains an environment that provides customers/members with desired products, services, and experiences. Combines experience, insight, and data to determine how to best exceed customer/member needs. Develops and implements initiatives, practices, and plans to capitalize on customer/member-focused growth and improvement opportunities. Ensures the removal of barriers to delivering exceptional customer/member value, service, and support.
Ethics and Compliance - Supports an environment where adherence to and reinforcement of the highest standards of integrity and ethics are the norm. Identifies opportunities and acts to enhance compliance.
Travels domestically to and from Hoboken, Bentonville, San Bruno and all Walmart and Jet facilities or work-sites to participate in meetings, workshops, company events, etc. requiring overnight stays. (Percent of travel = 50% or more)
- Bachelor's Degree in Information technology or similar discipline.
- 2 years of professional experience in relevant field.
- At least one year of experience with configuration of servers and other IT equipment and providing onsite/remote support.
- Proficiency with various operating systems including PC, MAC, UNIX, LINUX Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight timelines under high pressure situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Working in e-commerce fulfillment center/warehouse environment.
- Experience with material handling equipment and ASRS systems.
- Ability to program, QA software application using Java, C++, Python.
- Field/customer service experience.
Jet.com is changing the way the world shops. Founded on three simple values – trust, transparency and fairness – Jet is powered by a real-time pricing engine that finds innovative ways to pull costs out of the supply chain, creating more value for shoppers, retailers, and brands. Based in Hoboken, NJ—just ten minutes from Manhattan—our team of builders, thinkers, risk-takers, and dreamers is pushing the boundaries to create a world-class shopping experience. To win, we need people like YOU: curious, determined, and outrageously passionate. Sound like a fit? Let’s make a date.