General Manager, Musical Instruments, Arts and Crafts
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Entertainment
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH922415
What you'll do at
General Manager: Musical Instruments, Arts and Crafts
About Walmart US eCommerce
Want to help change the future of online commerce? We are building a new type of customer-centric shopping experience at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology and we want you to be a part of it!
We are looking for an exceptional leader to own and aggressively grow our business in Musical Instruments, Arts and Crafts. As General Manager, you will be responsible for directing the day-to-day management of the business in your category. This includes setting the strategy and managing the P&L, product assortment, site merchandising, and partnerships with an eye toward fast growth and massive scale. The ideal candidate possess a mix of hands-on collaborative leadership ability, analytical / problem-solving skills, entrepreneurial can-do spirit, and grit.
This job will be located in our San Bruno, California office or in Hoboken, NJ and will involve occasional travel.
What You Will Get To Do:
- Manage the Business: Manage and lead all aspects of the category including P&L, top line growth, product assortment, site merchandising, supplier and third party partnerships, supply chain and distribution strategy, and long term category strategy to drive growth, customer preference and loyalty.
- Building a Customer Centric Category Experience: Partner with internal leaders across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Operations, and Customer Care to deliver a world-class customer-centric shopping experience.
- Drive Operating Efficiencies: Continuously improve processes, data integrity, and systems to deliver operating leverage in how we do business.
- Innovate: Leverage the enterprise’s advantages to build scalable high growth businesses around immediate and emerging opportunities.
- Develop Our People: Attract, retain, and develop world-class talent.
Who You Are:
- World-Class Operator: You excel at delivering the quarterly targets while managing to an ambitious 3-year strategic plan.
- Can See The Big Picture: You have the ability to combine vision with execution – proven tactical execution, with an eye for the detail as well as seeing the full picture by translating core business strategies into actionable initiatives.
- Customer-Centric: You are passionate about baking customer service into your organization’s culture.
- Love Data: You have a strong analytical bent with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Generate Demand Through Measurement And Story-Telling: You have superpowers in performance marketing and story-telling to generate continuously growing demand and more efficient scale.
- Collaborative: You have high organizational EQ and can effectively collaborate and motivate cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization.
- Team Builder: You are a strong coach and mentor with a track record of building, driving and managing a high performing team.
- Expertise in digital media and marketing with strong ability to judge and quantify results from advertising campaigns and investments.
- Passionate: Passion for eCommerce and for Walmart US eCommerce’s mission.
- Education and Experience: BA/BS required; MBA preferred with 10+ years of relevant experience in a leadership role in general management, brand management, performance marketing, merchandising or product management. Direct merchandising or buying experience is a plus, but not required.
What We Can Offer You
- Unique first-hand experience on how to run and manage a business at massive scale.
- Opportunity to operate in one of the most dynamic industries in the digital landscape.
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve - you'll never have a boring day at the office.
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of designers, engineers and business folks who care most about getting stuff done.
- Unique chance to build and lead an exceptionally talented team.
- Opportunity to learn and participate in the growth of a Fortune One startup.