Senior Manager II, Controls & Robotics - Automation Support Engineering
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Operations
- Team Operations
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH870573
What you'll do at
The Senior Manager of Controls & Robotics will be responsible for leading robot programming for all new and existing applications, including but not limited to ABB, Kuka, Fanuc, and Motoman. He/she will be responsible for developing tools and integration strategies for increasing productivity and throughput via automation controls and logic programming edits through controls logic, software and path alterations through either off-line or on-line methodology. He/she will be able to provide robot specific or automated systems training to associates and maintenance personnel, if required. He/she will also provide process development, validation, testing and documentation. He/she will also participate in the design and innovation associated with next generation solutions as well as pilots of such technology and provide input/guidance to the team with respect to future solutions. He/she will help establish corporate standards for controls and robotics. He/she will be responsible for interviewing and hiring personnel to build and grow the internal capabilities of the Automation Support Engineering group with respect to Controls & Robotics to better support the Operations in achieving their metrics.
What You'll Be Working On
- Design PLC/HMI/Robotics - programming & creation of technical documents such as user requirements, functional specifications, detailed design specifications
- Troubleshoot and diagnose design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies and proactively recommend revisions and/or improvements
- Deliver the Corporate Strategy and Vision by implementing technical solutions that increase throughput while lowering variable cost across the Jet and Walmart Fulfillment network
- Create equipment specifications for Robots, and other automated equipment
- Provide process development, validation, testing and documentation.
- Understanding of Sensors, Vision, Complex Mechanical designs and various controls for automated systems
- Work collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, operation associates, IT, and other internal staff
- Develop specification documentation for equipment purchase and or upgrade
- Write computer software/code
- Program logic controllers in ladder, sequential graphs and/or statement lists. (Siemens, AB, Beckhoff, Pilz, etc.)
- Use thorough understanding of control systems in terms of electrical, motion, vision, pneumatic & hydraulic controls.
- Travel time up to 50% of the time; domestically and internally to and from multiple facilities or work site
You’re a risk taker, a doer that delivers, you have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to know what’s happening in the world and staying “in the know.” You have a passion for project management. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change and you have these main skills:
Judgment: Make Informed Judgments - Use relevant business metrics, analyses, and reports to measure, monitor, and improve performance. Identify and apply sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities and making decisions. Look beyond symptoms to determine the root causes of problems, and identify and implement applicable solutions. Integrate knowledge and expertise in making fact-based recommendations and decisions.
Execution and Results: Ensure Execution and Achieve Results - Convey a sense of urgency to complete and achieve goals. Pursue the achievement and alignment of measurable and meaningful goals. Prioritize and balances time, actions, and projects to ensure accomplishment of results.
Ethics and Compliance: Ensure Ethics and Compliance - Actively communicate, train, and guide associates on compliance with policies and procedures. Maintain an environment that promotes and reinforces the highest standards of integrity and ethics. Anticipate potential issues and take action to enhance compliance.
Adaptability: Adapt and Learn - Demonstrate creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, or adversity. Adapt to competing demands and shifting priorities. Update knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities. Seek exposure to new ideas and perspectives. Identify and take steps to improve adaptability and continuous learning capabilities in own organization.
Build Relationships: Network Internally and Externally - Build trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Relate to others in an accepting and respectful manner, regardless of their organizational level, personality, or background. Promote a team-based work environment that respects, embraces, and values diversity in others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Robotics, or equivalent Engineering qualification/certification
- +5 years of relevant hands on PLC and Robotics experience (Graco, Fanuc, Motoman, etc)
- Ability to draw 2D/3D and understand drawing and technical specifications
- Experience with Fanuc, ABB, Motoman, or other major robotic brands
- Experience with drawing tools such as AutoCad, SolidWorks, or equivalent drawing tools
- Experience in design, repair and analysis of robotic systems
- Master's Degree in Technical field a plus
- Experience with Material Handling Systems, ie. Cranes, Shuttles, AGV’s, and Sortation equipment
- Experience working in one or more of the following industries: Automotive, Aerospace, Material Handling, Pharmaceutical, Machine Packaging, or Tooling
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.