Front End Development - Summer Internship
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Other
- Team Internship
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH844758
What you'll do at
We need super smart engineers to help us build one of the best engineered e-commerce platforms in the world (big talk we know, but that is our goal!). Our engineers combine creativity, curiosity, and drive to continuously perfect and revolutionize Jet from the inside out. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about technology in general (Jet is a technology first company and prides itself on its culture of learning and knowledge sharing and we want all our engineers to be as passionate as we are!)
Our platform is largely an event driven platform implemented via microservice architecture. The platform runs in the cloud and uses a large number of technologies and middle ware. The front end code is written in ASP.NET Core, Node, WebAPI, AngularJS and/or React. The bulk of backend code is written in the functional style (F#) and our system of record is an event sourced system (essentially a log of all actions on the platform). We use a mix of Kafka, Redis, Elastic Search, Azure SQL, Event Store and Azure Storage for our data stores. About 50% of the platform runs on Linux and the rest Windows (although we move into more containerization, we will see a shift towards Linux).
- Must be in your Junior year of college
- Strong GPA and commitment to academics
- Pursuing a Computer Science or related degree
- Solid programming skills – at least 3 semesters
- Is a self-starter with a “can do” attitude who can take ownership of projects and drive them to completion.
- Is detail and results oriented with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Has some familiarity with current development tools such as Jenkins, Git, bower, gems, npm and bundle
- Has a fun personality, interest in start up environments, and the desire to be a part of the next big thing
- External projects and/or work on Github is a strong plus
Come Spend the Summer With US!
- 11-week program
- Get Paid!
- Multi-day Orientation
- Functional Programming Bootcamp
- Speaker Series
- Super Cool Social Events
- Basking in the warm sun on the banks of the Hudson River – You won’t believe our views!
Jet’s mission is to create the best e-commerce experience in the world that can only be backed by cutting edge technology. Our engineers are utilizing world class technologies to perfect a revolutionary pricing engine that will help customers save money on nearly everything. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and sharing knowledge. We believe that the best engineers are the ones who have a willingness to share knowledge, a desire to learn and most importantly, a passion for all things technology. Sound like a fit? Let’s make a date.
You are going to look great in Purple - Join Us!