Special Operations Manager
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Operations
- Team Operations
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH658734
What you'll do at
The Special Operations Manager is responsible for solving problems within the supply chain of one of the most sophisticated operations in the world. Your ultimate goal is to positively impact the customer experience with our eCommerce products from a shipping and logistics perspective, all through your mastery of data and analytics.
What you’ll be working on:
- "First Hand Experience” – You will live and breathe operations and you aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty
- “Support teams” –You act as a second set of eyes, are always willing to lend a hand, and put our heads together to tackle challenges
- “Data is our main priority” – You always have data to drive our decisions
- “Leave no stone unturned” – You investigate and provide ongoing analysis to identify factors that will improve the company’s performance
- “Do what’s right for the customer” – Make recommendations that support outstanding customer satisfaction
About the Job
As a Special Operations Manager, you will proactively manage projects from inception to completion. You are in the driver seat. You pull your Manager when you need advice and touch-base with Executives when big decisions are required, for the rest you drive. You are responsible for:
- Strong project management where you will set timelines, goals, deliverables, and execute accordingly
- Set up a process to drive results while working with cross-functional teams
- Define hypothesis, perform analysis, and come to a conclusion that solves a procedural problem
This position will have the opportunity to work on topics such as improving on-time delivery, offering faster shipping at no extra cost, optimizing fulfillment options (pickup, site-to-store), improving fresh product delivery experience, etc.
- 2-5 years of relevant professional experience
- eCommerce operations OR consulting experience
- BA/BS with demonstrated high academic achievement; MBA is a plus
- Ownership: Flexible, collaborative approach to problem solving, in which creativity and quick thinking can lead to a solution in hours rather than days
- Analytical: Ability to manipulate large data sets and quantities of data to drive business decisions and maintain high attention to detail. Strong Excel and SQL skills are a must
- Diligent: Track-record of effectively completing multiple and time-sensitive projects
- Team Player: Ability to develop partnerships, utilize strong communication skills, and work cross-functionally
About the Department
Within Walmart US E-Commerce (Walmart.com and Jet.com), the Supply Chain team is at the center because our company’s vision is to reimagine Every Day Low Prices with the most efficient E-Commerce supply chain. As part of the Supply Chain organization, the Special Operations team is focused on bringing end-to-end visibility to our supply chain performance and working on special projects to accelerate the processes. This team sits in both Hoboken, NJ and the San Francisco Bay Area, CA so you have the option to choose location. The team is small but mighty, which is why we are looking for the right candidate to join us!
Jet is reshaping eCommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.