Director of Marketing - Fashion (Walmart.com)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Marketing
- Team Marketing Analytics & Insights
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH584430
What you'll do at
As a Director of Marketing, you will lead a team and develop marketing for Fashion, one of our high priority lifestyle categories, for Walmart.com.
Challenges you’ll be tackling
- You’ll have a unique, hybrid role - representing the marketing organization and liaising heavily with many cross-functional partners (Marketing, Analytics, Category Experience/Product, Operations and Supply Chain) to create marketing plans that build awareness and drive consumer adoption of these nascent categories for Walmart.com.
- You’ll partner closely with the Retail GMs to grow their business. Obtain deep category knowledge to help drive category growth at scale and influence marketing-adjacent decisions (pricing, merchandising, assortment, curation, packaging, design).
- You will also oversee a group of individual “mini-CMO’s” assigned to each of your categories who work with the category managers on the Retail side of the business.
- Develop the company’s digital marketing vision- as well as short and long term plans- in line with corporate strategy and business goals, designed to acquire new customers, increase retention and customer loyalty, grow sales, improve marketing operating efficiency. Deliver sales growth plan.
- Continue to build a world class fashion digital marketing function that embraces innovation and delivers results. Bring new ideas, creativity, and insights to Fashion Group across all digital media.
- Lead development and execution of all digital marketing channels: email, paid search, SEO, affiliate, media partnerships, social media, and mobile.
- Develop a comprehensive digital marketing strategy.
- Lead development and execution of digital marketing analytics with a focus on CRM, web analytics, customer insights, web analytics and market research.
- Ensure alignment of all digital strategies, tactical programs, communications, and activities across all marketing channels.
- Work closely with marketing digital team and GMs to understand specific digital marketing needs, prioritize them, and allocate resources appropriately.
- Partner with key internal Fashion Group partners (Merchandising, Planning, Creative, Product, Operations, Finance) to prioritize and develop the ecommerce roadmap for key initiatives.
- Identify new marketing opportunities to drive the business.
- Develop strong, proactive collaborative working relationships across the organization.
A successful candidate will be highly proficient regarding digital marketing, personalization, mobile, social media, and customer loyalty, as well as ecommerce. S/he will have a verifiable track record of superior professional accomplishments and innovation in the retail sector. It is ideal to have spent time in fashion retail. This person will have excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and must be rigorous and results/metrics driven, with a sense of urgency. S/he will possess excellent leadership skills, strong analytical, critical thinking skills, and strategic ability; and must be able to build strong relationships with key business partners both internal and external.
Specifically, the ideal candidate has a demonstrable track record in the following dimensions:
- Proven leadership and people development skills, as well as experience leading a multi-functional and disciplined digital marketing organization
- Expertise in leveraging digital marketing, social, mobile, and new media to engage customers and transform brand and customer experience
- Superior analytical skills and the ability to leverage performance data and convert consumer insights and trend data into high impact digital marketing initiatives
- Experience in a rigorous testing environment. Must be passionate about presenting a fact based argument and be results/metrics driven.
- Ability to collaborate inside and outside organization to develop consensus and create strong relationships; one who builds strong relationships at every level of the organization and is a strong motivator who knows how to influence and get others to consistently do their best work
- Strategic vision and ability to execute programs with measureable impact
- 10+ years relevant B2C digital retail marketing experience
- Oversee the growth and development of category specific, customer-centric, lifestyle marketing plans with attention to detail; focused on driving awareness, acquisition and retention. Liaise heavily with media, brand, retention, and partnership teams to bring plans to life.
- Leverage internal creative team and agencies to build breakthrough, innovative marketing campaigns to drive category adoption and growth.
- Grow an understanding of consumer habits for your categories (online and offline) through 1st and 3rd party data and research, to effectively and efficiently acquire and retain customers and grow LTV.
- Ideate on and share results cross-functionally, constantly. Act as ambassador for your categories marketing across Walmart.com cross-functional teams.
- Partner with internal and external leaders (design, merchandising, tech, product management, and senior executives) to deliver on cross-functional marketing campaigns with tight timelines, high visibility, and material impact.
How you’ll know it’s right
- If playing in a jungle gym sounds more fun than climbing a ladder…
- If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways…
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done…
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward…
- 10+ years in online retail and/or lifestyle marketing.
- Heavy experience working cross-functionally and building innovative marketing plans from the ground up.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail. Highly proficient in excel.
- Sharp creative eye; experience testing and learning messaging and creative; experience in brand building efforts.
- Creative and collaborative team player who can work with multiple cross-functional stakeholder groups, influence decisions, and work under pressure.
- Proven ability to work with data to understand and analyze performance, optimize plans, drive decisions, and measure impact to the business.
- Knowledge of and interest in ecommerce customer behavior, retail, brand and direct response marketing.
- Lifestyle marketing/category experience a must.
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record.
- You’re a true risk-taker, comfortable in a fast-paced environment; go-getter, capable of managing multiple projects, priorities.