Sr. Technical Project Manager and Implementation
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2136322
What you'll do at
The Intelligent Retail Lab is part of Walmart’s Store No 8, an innovation hub formed by the world’s largest retailer focused on identifying and investing in trends and technologies reshaping the shopping experience. As a people-led, tech-empowered business, we believe that technology has immense potential to enhance the associate and customer experience in our stores.
<ABOUT THE ROLE>
The Sr. Technical Project Manager and Implementation Role is an exciting opportunity to partner with a best in class AI team to implement new applications impacting the way we do business today.
<WHAT YOU’LL DO>
- You will be responsible for driving and delivering cross functional projects by anticipating and understanding current process and value gaps; benchmarking industry best practices; utilizing multiple methodologies to leverage data in order to inform business decisions; managing efforts to support sustainable best practices and complex, organization-wide projects; managing expectations of program and project leadership; and adjusting approaches in response to changing business demands.
- Manages current and forecasted projects by developing, prioritizing, and coordinating project work plans; supporting the review and selection of proposed projects; ensuring project objectives are aligned with overall program goals; forecasting and managing internal project resources; monitoring project milestones, expenditures, and costs against project schedules and budgets; tracking projects and communicating status to key stakeholders; overseeing the management project documentation; and acting as focal contact for project requests.
- Influences change processes by making data driven recommendations to support multiple projects; persuading and educating cross-functional teams or associates on new or enhanced business processes and building relationships with senior leadership to ensure the ongoing alignment of change initiatives with current and future business needs.
- Drives informed decision making for large cross-functional projects by collaborating with cross-functional project teams and leadership to identify goals, success criteria, assumptions, risks, and known issues with the project or program; identifying potential risks of programs or projects and developing strategies to mitigate those risks; prioritizing and ensuring resolution of critical issues; developing communication plan frameworks; overseeing the creation of communication plans; and educating sponsors, stakeholders, and executive leadership on project requirements.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open-Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
<WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE (QUALIFICATION)>
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Technology, Supply Chain, Communications, or related field and 3 years’ experience in retail, production, operations management, or related area OR 5 years’ experience in retail, production, operations management, or related area.
- 5 years project manager experience managing/implementing cross functional large-scale projects.
- Excellent communication skills with attention to detail
- Hands on Experience with Implementing Agile and Scrum practices in large organization.
- Strong communication skills and experience working with highly technical management teams
- Excellent presentation skills including strong PowerPoint skills
- Comfortable presenting to and persuading at the Director and above as needed.
- PMP is desirable
- Knowledge of JIRA/Confluence, ServiceNow, Tableau is desirable.
- Experience in data analysis, process mapping and reporting tools
- Understanding of Infrastructure Product will be an added Advantage.