Marketplace Site Programming Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Partner Operations
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2124837
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Team
Walmart.com is committed to creating a superior customer experience and marketplace sellers are an instrumental part of that strategy. Walmart’s Marketplace team is focused on growing the business by acquiring, onboarding, and managing new brands and sellers with a seller-first approach.
The Marketplace Site Programming Team is responsible for growing MP inclusion & improving MP performance across the customer journey. They are responsible for facilitating high level cross functional alignment & establishing clear workflows between Strategic Account Management and Vertical/Cross Site teams to grow and improve Marketplace inclusion & performance. This team will own process and communication between the Strategic Account Management team and Site Merchandising team enabling efficient workstreams that improve partnerships and grow the business. The Site Programming team will work collaboratively to support the overall team goal; delivering a best-in-class marketplace experience for our customers and cost-effective, sustainable businesses for our sellers.
About the Role
The Marketplace Site Programming Manager will support a Medium to Highly complex business and will be responsible for optimizing the Marketplace business into the site experience, leveraging cross functional partnerships to define priorities, analytics as the voice of the customer and competitive research to understand what is happening in the space. The right candidate will be a self-starter who can advocate like an owner for their business; drive for action and results; be comfortable flexing between analytics, strategy, and execution; and demonstrate a positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills and flexibility. Strengths in organization and process balanced with a merchandising eye are critical. Accountability and ownership are a must. You will need to create business solutions in a fast paced, multi-dimensional environment, collaborating with cross-functional business leaders to drive business objectives and influence strategies.
- Utilizes strong organizational and operational skills to build and optimize the workflow between the Strategic Account Management team and Category Site Merchandising teams
- Drives the integration of Marketplace into the storytelling strategy, incorporating business priorities and trends to create relevant content that drives visits and conversion
- Spearheads adoption of Item Content standards by adding clear criteria to qualify for inclusion in programming and identifying large opportunities in the Marketplace catalog
- Provides information and guidance to SAM team on item attribution and taxonomy guidelines to improve findability for Marketplace items
- Assesses Marketplace business performance across multiple programs, search and browse paths, measuring success and optimizing results. Conducts ongoing analysis of Marketplace programming and future opportunities.
- Partners with other Site Programming Leads to spearhead process improvements and development roadmap priorities.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- 4+ years’ experience in Retail Buying, Site Merchandising, Digital Marketing, Merchandise Planning, eCommerce Operations & Analytics or related field
- Excellent analytical skills, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills
- Passion for serving customers and understanding their needs
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to persuade, communicate vision and motivate stakeholders at every level within Walmart and partner organizations
- Positive attitude and team player, constantly pushing yourself and others to excellence
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and strong follow through.
- Performs well in an environment with competing priorities, multiple projects, and virtual teams
- Problem solver and self-starter who is comfortable operating in ambiguity with a positive, can-do attitude
- Must be able to travel to office locations as necessary