Assistant Operations Manager
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2121103
What you'll do at
The Intelligent Retail Lab is part of Walmart’s Store No 8, an innovation hub formed by the world’s largest retailer focused on identifying and investing in trends and technologies reshaping the shopping experience. As a people-led, tech-empowered business, we believe that technology has immense potential to enhance the associate and customer experience in our stores.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Assistant Operations Managers (AOMs) lead the productivity within the IRL Office by stirring up a customer-centric environment where speed and process disruption are valued. You’ll be great at this if:
- You’re a team builder: You create a work environment where people collaborate and thrive. You’re always aware of your impact on others.
- You handle changes with stride: When new challenges arise, you respond with eagerness. You encourage innovation.
- You’re tech-savvy: You’re excited about and comfortable with using new technologies.
- You hold yourself accountable: Team success is ensured through personal ownership. You follow through, take feedback well and establish ways to measure performance.
- You bring out the best in people: You’re good at providing growth and learning opportunities for your team, always looking to the future.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will be responsible for hardware installation in the store and troubleshooting any hardware and software problems. This includes gathering equipment from the warehouse. As part of being in the store, you will have direct interactions with the store managers, store associates as well as customers. Gathering feedback and concerns to help prioritize the tech team’s backlog will be crucial.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Technology, Communications, or related field and 2 years’ experience in retail, contact center management, or related field OR 4 years’ experience in retail, contact center management, or related field
- 1 Year Supervisory Experience
- Valid driver’s license and transportation
- 4 years’ experience retail operations, logistics, or merchandising
- 5 years’ experience in customer service, contact center, service desk, or related experience
- 2 years’ experience in building system requirements and implementing new technologies