Senior Software Engineer - Backend ( Walmart Fulfillment Services - Warehouse Management Services)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Technology
- Team Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2119461
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Role
Walmart Fulfillment Services (WFS) is a brand-new service that allows hundreds to thousands of marketplace sellers to access Walmart's state-of-art supply chain capabilities and bring their products to customers with best-in-class delivery experience. We are building a robust platform used daily by hundreds of thousands of users ranging from corporate associates, enterprise customers and small business owners. You will be part of an exciting journey to build a multi-billion-dollar business from the ground up.
Warehouse Management System-WMS (initially part of Jet.com) is the first party WMS that has been chosen to be the backbone of WFS due to its cloud first design, agility, speed and reliability. We’ve built a highly distributed system on the tenets of DDD and CQRS. We often deploy 100s of our “nano”-services daily. The entire codebase has been build using F# and has been migrated to .NET Core. We want to keep growing our functional programming skills and the paradigm is something we continuously advocate within the team and out.
Our tech stack includes: Azure, Kubernetes, Event Store, Cosmos DB, Table + Blob Storage, Redis, Elastic Search, Kafka, Azure Queues, and more.
- You’ll design, develop, deploy and maintain existing and new features that will benefit our existing network of Thor Fulfillment Centers (FCs)
- Develop massively scalable services to provide a continually improving experience for our internal customers (FC associates) as well as the growing list of WFS sellers
- You’ll have the opportunity to introduce and champion best practices, both around distributed systems and functional programming, and help the team grow our engineering practices
- Visit the Thor FCs to see the Walmart Associates using the system you build and identify areas of improvement
- Are passionate about writing and maintaining high-quality software that solves meaningful problems at scale
- Are passionate about being part of a highly collaborative and supportive team and growing together, expanding the team’s tech knowledge and practices
- Take ownership of pain points or areas of improvements on their own and drive them to resolution
- For Junior Candidates
- Have 3+ years development experience
- Focused on learning and self-growth
- For Senior Candidates
- Have 5+ years development experience
- Have experience in cloud or distributed systems
- Want to solve complex issues at scale
- Azure, .NET experience a plus
- F#/Functional experience not necessary but a massive plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Bonus : Participate in our team’s book club as we further our personal growth and learning