Planning Manager 1
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Fashion
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2116655
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Role
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (Category Management, Site Merchandising, Finance, and Marketing) to assist in the development of category financial plans and budgets.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments.
- Manages demand plans/inventory strategies for low-to-moderately complex category.
- Develops inventory projects and buying strategies for the category.
- Conducts analyses, risk assessment and modeling on inventory plans.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Reviews sales and profit forecasts against actual results to ensure key financial metrics on the category P&L are met.
- Provides input on key metrics for own category team.
- Models, analyzes and evaluates impact of key variables on category performance.
- Provides input into models, analysis, and evaluation of the impact of key variables (e.g., shipping promotions, rollbacks, seasonal campaigns) on category performance.
- Manages and executes category budgets, season or campaign buy plans and line review financials.
Forecasting and Financial Planning:
- Manages forecast meetings and processes and decision making for a low-to-moderately complex category.
- Reviews forecast plans for low-to-moderately complex category.
- Reviews vendor/seller forecasts to ensure alignment to strategy for low-to-moderately complex category.
- Provides input into category financial plans and budgets (e.g., for sales, margins, 3P revenue)for low-to-moderately complex category.
- Manages placement of orders for low-to-moderately complex category.
- Provides input into assortment, pricing and shipping decisions for low-to-moderately complex category.
- Provides input into purchasing recommendations for category management counterparts.
- Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance.
- Have performance and career development conversations.
- Maintains team motivation and engagement.
- Mentors Planners.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- Five years of experience in finance, inventory replenishment, category management, site merchandising, pricing or related area