Staff Product Manager
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department -
- Team Search
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2112098
What you'll do at
Walmart is looking to hire a Staff Product Manager for the Search organization to support its strong growth of 20%+ in E-Commerce over the last 3 years. Search contributes more than 50% of Walmart’s online revenue and is the primary channel for customers to interact with the site and to find the things they want to buy.
The individual performing the role of a Staff Product Manager in search will have to drive the product vision and roadmap for Search, leverage advanced statistical models to solve complex business problems with a direct impact on Walmart’s online generated revenue. This position is meant to influence the online strategy of Walmart end-to-end. Therefore, to succeed, this individual will have to combine deep knowledge in Statistics, Advanced Analytics, and Software development methodologies and partner with senior executives from other functional areas, such as Marketing and Business Development, since the findings and recommendations stemming from the data analysis will have to be implemented by other teams within the company.
The Staff Product Manager in Search will have to use complex software systems and ranking algorithms to understand customer search performance and retrieve and rank the items to match that intent (based on 200 plus ranking drivers that are continuously tuned). Such complex systems require special skills in Product Managers who need to have a strong technical background to work on these advanced analytics models alongside very qualified computer engineers and data scientists besides strong product sense.
- Develop short and long-term product strategies and technical project roadmaps for eCommerce Search and partner with Business to support their vertical growth
- Drive strategic initiatives that require working across multiple teams (both BUs and Functional teams)
- Evaluate business cases and translate business and customer requirements into digital product roadmaps, product engineering specifications, and underlying system dependencies to deliver customer benefits and meet financial goals
- Build a culture of end-to-end ownership, efficient operating reviews, data driven decision-making, strong partnerships, and willingness to take controlled risks to achieve results
- Actively manage key business stakeholders by conducting product reviews, strategy sessions with leadership, performance assessments, and priority setting based on impact and effort to develop recommendations critical to business stakeholders
- Run competitive intelligence analytics and internal data assessments to uncover new opportunities and turn them into insights that align with company goals
- Track and run analysis of key operational search metrics and financial performance indicators and measure progress for Search team through centralized governance
- Implement search initiatives that deliver on operational and financial targets and actively measure progress