Field Operations Manager, Insperience
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2109943
What you'll do at
FIELD OPERATIONS MANAGER, INSPERIENCE
We believe V-commerce™ will fundamentally change the way people shop. Located in Venice, CA, we are defining the next generation of retail by leveraging VR to forge deep relationships between brands and consumers in immersive, memorable experiences. And, we are doing it in partnership with the largest retailer in the world. Insperience is a portfolio company of Store N° 8, Walmart’s incubation arm for uncovering ideas that will transform the future of commerce.
While the team is based in CA, this role will be located in Bentonville, AR. In this role, you will lead the execution of field activations for our VR experiences inside Walmart Stores and in various markets.
Top reasons to work with us:
- You love using technology to improve people’s lives - we are constantly tinkering with new VR hardware/software, researching emerging trends in retail and combining them to create unique experiences that solve real problems for consumers.
- We are a startup with the backing of the Fortune 1 - our day-to-day vibe is startup, but we’ve got the resources and commitment of Walmart, the world’s largest retailer that’s built its brand on helping shoppers around the world save money and live better.
- Defining the next generation of retail excites you - we are developing immersive retail experiences for consumers today, while building the foundation for the future of commerce - a future we call v-commerce - where we believe consumers will interact with brands and products in entirely different ways.
You will love this job if you are:
- Detail-oriented - You love spreadsheets, timelines, managing deadlines and staying organized through effective project management.
- A creative problem solver - You are a go-getter and self starter who enjoys working through challenging problems and thinking of creative solutions while comfortably making decisions.
- Cool under pressure - You are a centralized point of contact - your foresight, patience and ability to manage high pressure situations are what keep you one step ahead of the game.
- Flexible - You understand business needs change – what you do today may not be what you do tomorrow! Working in a client-service role is not a 9 to 5 job. Your ability to work irregular hours and travel based on client deliverables is required.
- Great collaborator - You are a people person! You strive to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships through trust and clear communication.
What you’ll oversee (and often do):
- Own the tactical execution and on-site success for all activations and event programs for in-store (Walmart) and across multiple markets.
- Build positive relationships with all clients, vendors, and Walmart partners to ensure smooth operations and delivery of experiences.
- Coordinate and lead the setup and take down of activations and event programs while managing all external vendors and partners.
- Manage planning timelines, schedules and all necessary activation and event details.
- Partner with Director of Field Operations on activation and events strategy by providing recommendations and adjustments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years professional experience in marketing, event planning, hospitality, or field operations roles.
- You are flexible and willing to travel domestically (up to 70% of your time) even at short notice including evening and weekends.
- You are able to prioritize shifting tasks to meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects at once.
- You are a high-energy, self-motivated, team player while working independently and following process with minimal supervision.
- You possess excellent verbal and written communications skills that translate to all audiences.
- Physical Requirements:
- Move around a facility and stand for long periods of time
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Experience with technology (hardware and software) integration in regards to activations and events
- Prior collaboration working with brand ambassador companies
- Experience working with a big-box retailer or major brand
Pay, perks & such
At Insperience, we provide competitive salaries and a full slate of benefits including health (medical, vision, dental) coverage, a 401K plan, pre-tax commuter benefits, flex PTO. Of course, we also have startup perks like snacks, engaging events and an office full of energy and people committed to our mission. We love to communicate, which is why we also have weekly team lunches and regularly-scheduled all-hands meetings. We empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big, long-term problems.
Come join us!