Sr. Program Manager - Marketplace
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2109574
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
The person in this role will be charge of leading strategic programs within the Walmart Marketplace Organization. The role of Sr. Program Manager will drive the execution of large-scale, complex projects, work streams, and programs by managing and modifying associated project plans; creating and managing task timelines; formatting and maintaining project data; organizing and facilitating communication materials to ensure successful roll-outs and implementations; developing solutions and contingency plans for issues that have been escalated by internal and external partners. This position will also manage the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; leveraging best practices from cross-functional partners to streamline and improve processes; analyzing and interpreting information for one or more initiative work streams to improve business efficiency. The Sr. Program Manager will source, organize, analyze, and interpret data and information; providing influence and insight on current and future business growth needs; conduct analyses of initiatives to understand and communicate trends; translate data analysis into recommendations aligned with business objectives; and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to develop processes and strategies that help meet business goals.
Who You Are
- Results Driven: You are a hyper coordinated program manager with extensive experience in building and leading programs across cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable with Ambiguity: You’re able to create stability within chaos, without much direction.
- Strong Communicator: You have great executive presence and are able to summarize complex problems for leadership to easily digest.
- Thoughtful: You can quickly read a room and understand the varying opinions from stakeholders across levels.
- Data Obsessed: You ask the right questions to dig into the details and make data-centric decisions.
- Partner Centric: You are able to zoom out and think about problems using the lens of a Partner.
- Performance Based: You have a reputation of getting stuff done, period. People give you responsibility because they trust that you’ll drive tasks to completion.
- Technically Fluent: You are super interested in and understand technical system and process flows and are able to understand technical concepts.
What You'll Do
Consistent record of leading strategic programs, combined with the ability to delivery multiple projects with amazing results on schedule
- Actively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals. Your program management skills allow you to efficiently coordinate and track work across multiple teams.
- Earn trust through regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control. Your program management and communication skills allow you to effectively drive written and verbal communication.
- Lead meetings with cross functional partners such as, product managers, sellers, business leads, executives, and seamlessly adapt information for use by key stakeholders.
- Build strong processes and lead a disciplined execution cadence. Help to drive design and implementation of fully automated pipelines working across product domains.
- Lead definition, data collection and progress for key metrics. Your analytical skills help you define KPIs to measure the quality of the product functionalities. You analyze data sets to understand trends, look for root causes and drive improvements across multiple teams & product domains.
- Track and report on key performance metrics related to data collection, data processing, and ensure that collection initiatives track to the roadmap.
- Understanding and/or experience with Aha, JIRA, SalesForce, and analytics technologies.
- Proficient knowledge of the systems implementation and software development life cycles.
- Proficient at running multiple efforts simultaneously in a global capability which includes working on projects with teams based outside the US.
- Proficient knowledge in process mapping and other process analysis techniques.
- Demonstrable ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams in a matrix organization
- Proven ability to lead teams with or without direct reports; natural leader and motivator, lead through influence.
- Relevant project management qualifications preferred such as PMP or other Agile methodology certifications.
Bachelor of Science and 5 years' program management experience, OR Master’s Degree and 2 years' program management experience, OR 9 years' program management experience.
- Experience defining and championing best practices across teams.
- High degree of comfort presenting to senior management, business stakeholders, and external partners.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels across multiple business units.
- Track-record of effectively managing teams to complete time-sensitive large-scale projects with moderate guidance
- Experience with, data collection, data processing/analysis, Beta, user trials or other relevant areas