Associate Manager, Business Strategy & Analytics - Cost & Negotiations
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department -
- Team Pricing
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2108844
What you'll do at
About Walmart eCommerce
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Role
We're growing our Pricing team, where we combine an understanding of technology, economics, and customer behavior to develop dynamic pricing algorithms and create structures to implement a winning pricing strategy.
In this position, you will have the opportunity leverage your analytical and technical skills to shape the e-commerce landscape as you lead a wide breadth of initiatives and make critical business decisions.
This role will work across the broader Walmart eCommerce portfolio focusing on Jet and Walmart.com.
- Leverage data analytics to develop insights to drive our pricing strategy and algorithms and evaluate their impact on the performance of the retail business
- Identify business opportunities and engage with Retail organization and senior management to recommend actions and make change happen
- Work closely with our Product and Data Science teams to ideate and scope out new algorithms and features
- Continuously evaluate the performance of our pricing strategy by designing, building and maintaining scalable solutions for monitoring and reporting
- Write efficient code, periodically identify opportunities for optimization, efficiently detect patterns and outliers, analyze key performance metrics
- Design and drive experiments and A/B testing
- 3+ years of experience in a highly analytical business role, including (but not limited to) consulting, finance, technology, retail or e-commerce
- Working knowledge of SQL, Python, R or other relational database query languages
- Bachelor’s degree from a rigorous undergraduate program with demonstrated high academic achievement – Economics, Statistics, Computer Science preferred; MBA a plus but not required
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple, time-sensitive deliverables and competing priorities
- Strong communication skills and highly effective in cross-functional environments