SMB Senior Sales Manager (CA or NJ)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Strategy & Business Development
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2102100
What you'll do at
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Team Description: Marketplace Growth – SMB Business Development
Walmart Marketplace is looking for a Senior Sales Manager to help us build and lead our Small and Medium Business Development Team. This team will be focused on growing our professional seller base by recruiting highly qualified sellers and brands to the platform. These sellers should have the ability to ship domestically in the US and provide the top tier customer service. This leader must be process oriented, motivated and insist on the highest standards. They will be charged with cultivating a team that works hard, delivers consistent results and raises the bar for performance amongst the greater team. This leader will work cross-functionally with the Category Teams as well as other Marketplace Growth teams to ensure that critical feedback is provided to influence overall strategy.
This role is for a passionate sales leader and seller advocate with proven sales acumen, pipeline management skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task. If you are a business leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, endless drive, and a passion for business development and client relations we want to hear from you. In summary this leader will focus on further building, developing and managing the SMB sales team that works across a pipeline of the highest-potential Marketplace sellers by executing sales strategies that will exceed aggressive revenue and selection goals achieved both by driving sales and working cross-functionally with key business partners.
Position Description / Main Responsibilities:
- Build a world class team of SMB Sales Reps focused on delivering high-impact results. Hire top talent, develop the team, and create career paths within the broader organization.
- Implement sales strategies and best practices while developing SOPs for business development.
- Establish partnerships with internal teams to manage joint selling opportunities.
- Accurately model and forecast business metrics.
- Identify key business opportunities for the territory and manage toward a growth plan.
- Develop weekly metrics to track critical inputs and outputs and report out in weekly business reviews and regular flash reports to senior management.
- Coach team members to ensure they are supported, having success and meeting their KPIs.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- 7+ years professional leadership experience with proven managerial background
- Bachelor's Degree
- Program management experience
- Business development / Sales team lead experience
- Sales Experience with relationship management and negotiation skills
- Experience using analysis, reporting, modeling, and forecasting to gather data for the purpose of making business decisions
- Problem-solving passion and service orientation
- Experience using analytical, sales, and productivity tools including SalesForce and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Experience in Vendor management and prior experience in discovering and evaluating Retail opportunities.
- Success managing dynamic teams.
- Effective C-level communication skills.