Group Product Manager - Marketplace
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Partner Operations
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2091738
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
ABOUT THE JOB
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is looking for a strong leader to coordinate and lead the design and implementation for complex, cross-functional, and highly visible strategic return initiatives.
This leader will identify the critical performance indicators, business outcomes, and align the execution plans of all key stakeholders and teams to ensure the product achieves its desired goals. This leader will apply a general management perspective and problem-solving approach, will be agile and able to apply the right frameworks, operating cadence, and business analysis & acumen to the product roadmap. As such, this leader will be able to identify key risks, dependencies, and work with the requisite teams to put solutions in place that will achieve the product outcomes.
This Group Product Manager will be skilled at engaging and communicating to senior executives across multiple domains, as well as engaging at a detailed level across product management and engineering, strategy, merchant technology, retail merchandising, supply chain & analytics.
- Drive the product strategy and roadmap for key initiatives and deliver API solutions that improve Partner NPS and allows our manage their assortment, availability and post purchase functions effectively on Walmart.com
- Develop and deploy analytical methods, tools and resources to identify areas of opportunity for creating best in class API Platform and improve seller experience.
- Lead transformational initiatives to achieve major financial goals or enterprise KPI’s
- Manage applicable system solutions for new features and ensure end to end ownership of solutions by working with relevant cross-functional groups.
- Lead product initiatives by ensuring critical business issues and core product strategies are addressed in product decisions; driving process changes based on feedback; driving resource allocation decisions; and setting the standard for Product Manager deliverables.
- Responsible for defining a product strategy for next-generation API platform and tools for third party vendors.
- Attract, lead and develop best-in-class team members
- Work cross-functionally across multiple locations so communication, collaboration, and organization are key to your success. Work with cross-functional teams to translate the product strategy into a product roadmap and engineering sprints.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 2 years of experience in product management, or business consulting, or related field; OR Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 5 years of experience in product management, or business consulting, or related field.
- Product experience driving product vision and roadmap with a track record of leading teams to deploy innovative solutions that deliver measurable results at scale. Experience building and delivering technology products in a high growth environment
- Knowledge of technical solutions used in e-commerce space and familiarity with system architecture and API Platforms.
- Experience conducting customer interviews, market research, and competitor analysis.
- Excellent people management and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the eCommerce domain and experience working in an online marketplace.
- Uncompromising commitment to the customer
- Proven track record leading a technical product team
- Strong presentation and influencing skills and the ability to interact with executive level business and technical partners
- Experience with RESTful APIs and API definition languages and tools
- Experience with data-driven decision making and quantitative analysis and ability to demonstrate measurable results to business and customer KPIs. Experience with data analysis by using tools including Tableau, Omniture and SQL to understand customer behavior to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes
- Strong PowerPoint, Advanced Excel and modeling skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to champion products throughout the organization
- Self-starter with a strong attention to detail and an ability to deal with ambiguity
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
- Experience leading teams and delivering results in a cross-functional organization
- Be the customer: You have a deep understanding of how to connect with and develop amazing experience for customers/partners
- Belief in our purpose of saving money so our customers can live better
- Belief in our culture to fulfill this purpose through our core values of service to the customer, striving for excellence, respect for the individual, and acting with integrity