Planning Specialist, Fashion (Pipeline)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Fashion
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2082209
What you'll do at
Want to be at the forefront of changing how people shop? The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, transportation, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Fashion Merchandise Planning Manager, you are responsible for managing inventory, planning and forecasting for high-growth, complex merchandise categories – ensuring that assortment, price and availability are a “win-win” for our customers and Walmart eCommerce. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information from multiple touch points – providing financial plans and supporting business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
You won’t do this alone. You will work with a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale. In addition to bringing the “art” to the “science” of retailing, we’re also counting on you to share your Fashion planning knowledge and expertise with your team and foster a collaborative and supportive environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (Category Management, Site Merchandising, Finance, and Marketing) to assist in the development of category financial plans and budgets
- Coordinates and completes demand plans for category suppliers/sellers, evaluating new products and assortment.
- Provides input into and assists in the development of buying and inventory strategies for the category.
- Analyzes seasonal inventory flow plans to ensure customer demand and return on investment goals are met; summarizes findings and develops initial recommendations for changes.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Analyzes financial plans and forecasts (e.g., seasonal inventory flow plans, forecasts against actuals) for category and identifies potential changes needed to achieve category objectives.
- Analyzes key performance metrics (e.g., inventory turnover, return on investment, sales, margin, product mix) for category.
- Prepares and assists in the execution of category budgets, season or campaign buy plans and line review financials.
Forecasting and Financial Planning:
- Creates and authorizes forecast parameters and modifications and assists in the development and execution of financial plans for category.
- Monitors and calibrates vendor/seller forecasts (for 1P and 3P).
- Sets goals for category teams (e.g., category manager, site merchandising manager) based on forecasting.
- Creates and implements new item/product forecasts.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Places and validates orders within the category.
- Reviews orders to ensure appropriate item-level inventory replenishment, and processes orders for category.
- Coaches less experienced team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance.
- Mentors less experienced Planners.
- Supports training for Planners.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of experience in finance, inventory replenishment, category management, site merchandising, pricing or related area
This is that place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and build a career you’re proud of. We’re committed to supporting and developing our workforce–further strengthening our “people-led, tech-empowered” enterprise.