Senior Engineering Manager, Membership
- Location BROOKLYN, NY
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2077878
What you'll do at
Our team supports two of the most exciting initiatives at Walmart today: InHome and Membership
- Walmart InHome delivers fresh groceries from your local store directly to your kitchen or garage fridge. Launched to over 1 million customers in Kansas City, Pittsburgh and Vero Beach this Fall.
- The Walmart membership offering is an evolving initiative to meet customer needs through home delivery and everyday services. The customer-focused strategy will be crafted to meet needs and drive loyalty throughout Walmart’s omnichannel offerings.
We are a scrappy and entrepreneurial team with access to the resources of the world's largest retailer. We're building cutting edge technology from our lab in Greenpoint, NY and our journey has just begun.
We’re looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, collaborative, and passionate to join our amazing team.
What you'll do
The InHome and Membership team consists of platform engineers, application engineers, data scientists and product managers all working together to design, prototype, and build technology-driven products and experiences that will change the future landscape of ecommerce. You will be expected to:
- Manage software development engineers; mentor them through their career growth.
- Lead end-to-end Engineering projects, be responsible for the outcomes of the project, how it’s delivered, and the quality of delivery.
- Improve, optimize, and identify opportunities for improved software development life cycle.
- Engage and drive technical architecture, design and discussions.
- Drive our technical roadmap and direction of our stack.
- Ensure the happiness and productivity of the team members.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, Product, UX and Technical Support teams.
- Contribution towards the InHome and Membership roadmaps.
- Build teams by attracting and retaining top talent.
- Cultivating a healthy and supportive team culture.
- Ensure the long-term success of the team by performing 1:1s, participating in compensation discussions and performance reviews.
- Promoting a culture based on high engineering standards.
- You are a highly technical hands-on and an effective people leader.
- Strong experience in driving and retaining a high-performance team.
- 5+ years building highly scalable, high performance, distributed systems.
- Experience using public cloud as a production target
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
- Strong customer focus and obsession with quality.
- Experience with engineering best practices, including use of design patterns, and code reviews.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision Insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- A large, open workspace in NYC’s Greenpoint neighborhood
- A kitchen full of fresh fruit and snacks