Associate Product Manager, Data Team
- Location HOBOKEN
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2075151
What you'll do at
Associate Product Manager
Join us as we ignite the change that changes everything.
About the Position
The Intelligent Retail Lab is part of Walmart’s Store No 8, an innovation hub formed by the world’s largest retailer focused on identifying and investing in trends and technologies reshaping the shopping experience. As a people-led, tech-empowered business, we believe that technology has immense potential to enhance the associate and customer experience in our stores. That’s why we created the first-of-its-kind IRL inside an existing and fully-operating grocery store in Levittown, NY. This working Artificial Intelligence lab, inside a 50K sq. ft store with 30K items and more than 100 associates, will allow us to test a broad range of applications such as improving inventory and on-shelf availability, enhancing both the associate and customer experience in our stores.
The Data Team Associate Product Manager will drive product vision, define roadmaps, and work closely with key stakeholders to build a data solution for our scaling products. You are responsible for bridging business and technology to drive innovation by owning the product lifecycle from concept through launch. You will be the main user and champion of the platform.
Significant responsibility, creativity, technical expertise and business sense are required.
In This Role, You Will
- Participate in improving enterprise standards on data governance process and policy as well as data quality metrics, business rules, and service levels to ensure that data is fit for purpose
- Support expanding awareness and education of business owners on enterprise data quality initiatives including: data governance, data policy, master data and metadata management, and data quality
- Analyze data to provide actionable insights
- Communicate the benefits and champion the system throughout the organization
- Translate business strategies into product strategies, roadmaps, and product specifications that deliver customer benefits, meet financial goals, and ensure that systems and processes are setup to scale for explosive growth
- Work with excellent engineering teams in a fast paced, agile development process
- 3+ years of experience in data stewardship, data management, database administration, data analytics, or related field
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Data Architecture, or related field
- Proficiency with Excel and experience with SQL or other BI Tools
- Highly analytical; ability to take any unstructured information and structure it
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced, frequently changing environment
- Ability and strong willingness to use data to answer first time asked questions, and solve large-scale ambiguous problems
- Interpret meaningful themes from quantitative data
- Problem Solving & Root Cause Analysis
- Build constructive and effective relationships with a broad, diverse group of partners
- Work in an environment that values collaboration
- Communicate effectively, written and in presentation form as well as orally, with all levels of employees throughout the organization
Why you would love it here
At IRL we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. Most importantly, we empower our industry-leading tech team to solve far future problems and focus on building magical shopping experience for the consumers. Join us!