Lead Android Engineer - Membership
- Location BROOKLYN, NY
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2067352
What you'll do at
Our team supports two of the most exciting initiatives at Walmart today: InHome and Membership.
- Walmart InHome delivers fresh groceries from your local store directly to your kitchen or garage fridge. Launched to over 1 million customers in Kansas City, Pittsburgh and Vero Beach this Fall.
- The Walmart membership offering is an evolving initiative to meet customer needs through home delivery and everyday services. The customer-focused strategy will be crafted to meet needs and drive loyalty throughout Walmart’s omnichannel offerings.
We are a scrappy and entrepreneurial team with access to the resources of the world's largest retailer. We're building cutting edge technology from our lab in Greenpoint, NY and our journey has just begun.
We’re looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, collaborative, and passionate to join our amazing team.
We are looking for self-motivated people, who are eager to work in a fast-paced environment. As the Lead Android Engineer on the Project Florence team, you will own the customer facing mobile experience and be expected to make a lot of technical decisions. You will work closely with other engineers, a product manager, and a designer to iterate quickly.
- 4+ years of experience developing, releasing, and maintaining Android applications
- Ability to translate designs into organized, performant user interfaces
- High level of competence with Java or Kotlin and the Android development lifecycle
- Experience working with REST APIs, push notifications, background services
- Competence with testing frameworks, CI/CD, mobile analytics, security
- Preferred: Bluetooth, Dagger or Koin, Room, Jetpack, RxJava, Retrofit, etc
- Helpful: BS degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study
- Dog-friendly office in Brooklyn with free snacks
- Competitive salary and stock
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation policy