Head of Strategy & Business Operations - Marketplace
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2066090
What you'll do at
About Walmart US eCommerce
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About Walmart Marketplaces
With thousands of MP & DSV partners selling online, our partner business represents more than 50% of our US eCommerce business. We are already complementing Walmart’s 5000+ US stores footprint and omni channel strategy, by bringing critical medium and long tail selection of more than 75M unique skus. Our aspiration is to become the largest omni-channel retailer by developing the best customer and partner experience to enable customers the convenience of shopping instore or online.
Walmart US Marketplace Team
Want to help change the future of online commerce? We are building a new type of customer- centric shopping experience at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology and we want you to be a part of it!
About the Job
We are looking for an exceptional leader to lead Strategy, Analytics and Business Operations for the Marketplace and Partner Operations Business. This job will be located in San Bruno or Sunnyvale, CA and will involve occasional travel. This position reports directly into the VP of Marketplace for Walmart US eCommerce.
Essential Functions of the Role
- Ensure our strategy sets the north star for the customer and seller value propositions, incorporating the insights of our customers, partners, sellers, and perspectives across the organization.
- Establish the organizations KPI & analytics framework and drive the roadmap for ongoing analytical insights to generate value for the business.
- Drive the operating model to coordinate business group leaders across the organization, including category engagement, weekly and monthly business reviews
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team to develop coordinated objectives and ensure regular progress toward those goals.
- Lead periodic leadership meetings, developing agendas that ties to critical aspects of our operational plan
- Coordinate our joint business planning with Category leadership that will align our strategies and plans.
- Drive MP assortment strategy and planning to ensure that the MP team is aligned with our category partners on go-get items and the depth of inventory we need to secure to achieve our GMV growth plan.
- Drive partnership strategy, relationships, and key initiatives related to expanding the Marketplace seller base and expanding Marketplace key capabilities to drive growth and advance our strategic vision, focused initially on the US but expanding to global partners over time
- Lead seller advocacy, training, change and evangelism to ensure we are always listening to the voice of our sellers and partners, and considering the sellers needs as we develop key strategies, standards and expectations, and communicate critical changes
- Lead Marketplaces Seller Marketing to generate seller and channel partner leads to fuel Marketplace acquisition and growth.
- Partner with marketing and merchandising to establish clear strategies and plans to grow Marketplace customer traffic.
In addition, the ideal candidate portrays the following the competencies and skills:
- 10+ years of relevant leadership experience in operations in consumer facing businesses
- Ability to set a strategy and a vision for the team; and drive it to execution
- Great demeanor and partner-facing attitude, including being reliable, helpful, and efficient
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with a bias for action
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a rigorous testing environment. Must be passionate about presenting a fact-
- based argument and be results/metrics driven.
- Ability to speak fluently to senior executives
- Track-record of effectively managing teams to complete multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities with minimum guidance; Program Management experience in an enterprise company a plus
- Builds and sustains an environment where adherence to and reinforcement of the highest standards of integrity and ethics are the norm
- Ability to collaborate inside and outside organization to develop consensus and create
- strong relationships; one who builds strong relationships at every level of the organization and is a strong motivator who knows how to influence and get others to consistently do their best work