Core Services Engineer
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2053320
What you'll do at
Walmart’s Store No 8 is an innovation hub formed by the world’s largest retailer focuses on identifying and investing in trends and technologies reshaping the shopping experience. It's mission is to create step change in-store experiences, leveraging emerging technology to help define and deliver on evolving customer expectations. Its success requires a cross-functional, mission-based team that is highly entrepreneurial, collaborative and passionate about solving the unsolved problems.
As a Core Services Engineer you will be working with a range of cloud technologies, microservices, event sourcing, partner integrations and more. In conjunction with multiple product and technology groups, your services will work to create a best-in-class consumer experience in the physical retail space.
- Develop and maintain core services driving the Kepler platform.
- Develop and maintain integration level APIs.
- Coordinate among integration partners for deliverables and orchestration of products.
- Work with Product teams to shape inbound ideas into reality.
- Ownership of the architecture and code that you bring to a production environment.
- 3+ years industry experience, BA/BS in related Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Or 7+ years industry experience
- Experience with cloud computing, microservices and event sourcing
- Experience with storage technologies such as Casandra, Cosmos DB, or PostgreSQL
- Experience with stream/message distribution platforms such as Kafka, Azure Event Hubs
- Comfortable with fast-paced development and iteration