Senior Designer, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN MATEO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2049649
What you'll do at
About Walmart Media Group
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers
- Collaborate with Art Directors, Designers, and Copywriters to create and produce compelling digital solutions that align with all requirements and business objectives outlined in project briefs.
- Execute multiple creative concepts and design solutions under the guidance of Art Directors to translate business needs into creative solutions.
- Ensure projects are delivered with both Walmart and partner brands in mind.
- Explore trends and competitive landscape and incorporate appropriate use of color, type, tone and style in digital design standards.
- Assist Art Directors in developing and communicating brand/visual style guidelines and standard.
- Familiarity with designing for web, mweb, and app, keeping the user journey in mind.
- 4-6+ years of creative experience, especially in omni channel, multi-brand retail industry.
- College degree; BA or BFA preferred in Graphic Design or advertising.
- Passion for design and advertising.
- Expert knowledge of design, typography, photography, layout principles, and production process.
- Fluent understanding of current digital trends and social landscape.
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe CC: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign are must, knowledge of After Effects is a plus.
- Solid organizational skills, detail-oriented. Capable of working on multiple projects concurrently in a very fast paced environment, ensuring that quality deliverables are achieved on time.
- Strong relationship-building skills. Ability to work with a variety of people in various disciplines. Enjoys working with others and collaborating with positive attitude.
- Exceptional communication & presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- The drive to excel and succeed; self-motivated, managing projects effectively.
- Passion for Walmart, our partners, products, and marketing.