Manager, Vertical Brand Strategy (Personal Care & Home) – Walmart Media Group
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2048126
What you'll do at
Walmart Media Group (WMG) is looking for an experienced data-driven brand strategist, storyteller and marketing insights guru to partner with Sales to drive growth and excellence for the Personal Care & Home vertical.
As the Manager of Vertical Brand Strategy for Personal Care & Home, you will be an expert and go-to resource for the category, leading it by connecting insights to marketing and media strategies that drive growth for WMG’s brand partners. This includes leveraging the suite of insights and solutions available at an enterprise level as well as WMG’s advertising solutions to create and deliver integrated marketing and media programs as One Walmart – across brick-and-mortar stores, e-commerce channels, and through category marketing programs.
You will own the vertical and be responsible for developing category pre-sales presentations, playbooks, case studies, as well as other marketing collateral in partnership with Sales, Analytics and Product.
This position sits under WMG Marketing and reports to the Director of Vertical Brand Strategy.
WALMART MEDIA GROUP
WMG is Walmart’s advertising platform for brands, uniquely designed to reach hundreds of millions of U.S. shoppers across their entire shopping journey, online and in stores. We connect billions of shopping behaviors to real transactions, and help marketers truly understand how their marketing drives results.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate is passionate about sales enablement, has a consultative mindset and category experience, is highly analytical and insights driven, and curious and able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and ambiguous environment.
We’re looking for ambitious, fun, creative, people-oriented folks who are truly willing to roll up their sleeves to solve business challenges in creative and structured ways (no lie, you might not have sleeves by the end of this).
- Develop data-driven, specialized vertical strategies and pre-sales pitch presentations for Personal Care & Home brands, playbooks, overviews, case studies and other marketing collateral
- Own the vertical and the partnership with WMG Sales, Analytics and Product, and Walmart category marketing (it’s complex!), immersing yourself in the business to understand the landscape, consumer mindsets and behaviors, challenges and opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with the rest of the Marketing team to support branding, external communications, training, etc. to support the WMG narrative and positioning
- Consistently deliver a balance of analytical rigor and storytelling in every single output and communication, always being prepared to convey insights and influence with a strong point of view
- Demonstrate spirit of partnership, collaboration, and operational agility and excellence
- Be self-motivated and highly driven
- 4-6 years of experience, working cross-functionally in business consulting, advertising, media and / or marketing related fields
- Relevant bachelor’s degree for this role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A balance of right brain, left brain: Being highly analytical, curious by numbers, and articulate in connecting data and insights to strategies that demonstrate creativity, and have a compelling story arc and narratives
THE BONUS - STRONGLY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Personal Care & Home category experience.
- MBA or advanced-level academic degree.