Group Product Manager, Product Catalog
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2040913
What you'll do at
About Walmart US eCommerce
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Position
In this role, you will solve challenges related to effortlessly listing and perfecting assortment across multiple platforms from all of Walmart’s partners and suppliers. The Group Product Manager will lead product planning and information flow design to build a shopping experience customers will love. The item product team influences how every product and offer is created and sold through Walmart. Subsequently, the quality of item data in the Walmart catalog lives at the center of the eCommerce discoverability and display. You will drive the features that affect this data to promote the best experience that redefines Ecommerce.
The responsibility of the product leader will include nurturing the structure of how Walmart defines an item. This structure is key to listing a product on Walmart.com and all subsidiaries including Jet.com, Shoes.com, and Hayneedle.com. You will need to work across many business teams to understand stakeholder requirements. Communication with stakeholders is key to building trust and managing change as you innovate Walmart item standards.
The leader of this team will also be responsible for helping to re-shape and define the product culture of their team. Simply solving eCommerce problems isn’t enough, we need to push our product team culture to create an environment the propels innovation. This leader will have an opportunity to work across multiple disciplines to create lasting impact on the business and culture of the largest retailer in the world.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will:
- Manage a team of product managers, defining the culture of product management in your team and spreading your influence teams
- Balance technical acumen, user empathy and business insights to build an effective roadmap and vision for our item ecosystem
- Balance multiple priorities and clearly communicate with business stakeholders about deliverables
- Serve as an internal and external evangelist for your product.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure headcount aligned with product roadmap priorities
- Design eCommerce solutions that help innovate and drive values for the larger retailer in the World
Who Are You
- You have a passion for product and technology, you understand your stack and communicate with engineers at a very technical level
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- You are intellectually curious, savvy, and maintain a sense of humor and humility.
- You don’t settle for good enough, you strive for great in every aspect of you work
- Culture matters to you, and so does product management. You want to grow those around you and constantly look to improve your own insights and skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field
- 6-10 years’ experience in product management, Ecommerce experience a plus.
- Understanding of GS1, Product Data Standards, Structuring Information, etc.
- Proven leadership and management experience managing product and engineering teams