Photo Studio Art Director - Fashion Photo Studio
- Location SECAUCUS, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Fashion
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2026008
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
This position reports directly to the Director of Fashion Photo Studio.
The Fashion Photo Studio Art Director is required to work closely with creative leads to develop and maintain studio style guides. The successful candidate will also be required to identify trends and advancements in digital channels and make recommendations to improve Walmart’s customer experience and keep Walmart ahead of the curve.
Essential Functions of the Role
- Demonstrate the ability to translate a creative vision into relevant imagery.
- Create strong partnerships with photographers and stylists and streamline processes
to increase productivity and promote creativity.
- Develop and maintain studio product style guides and perform site audits to
identify any issues.
- Support partnership between studio and fashion teams to elevate Walmart’s fashion brand and build collaboration.
- Create and assist in photo select presentations to Fashion Teams and VP.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and excel and thrive in a high volume studio environment.
- BA or BFA Degree in design, photography, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in Fashion e-commerce as an Art Director, Photographer, Creative Director, Stylist or Graphic Designer is a plus
- 5-8 years minimum experience
- Strong proficiency and experience in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Strong proficiency and experience in Excel
- Drive for innovation and proactively seeks knowledge in emerging technologies and markets
- Excellent organizational skills, a natural collaborator, but can work well independently
- Experience in a rigorous testing environment. Must be passionate about presenting a fact-based argument and be results/metrics driven.
- Knowledge on all areas of product photography, Model, Still Life and Video and product copy
- Capability to provide constructive criticism – comprehensive and decisive
- Quality focused- Strong visual skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Builds and sustains an environment where adherence to and reinforcement of the highest standards of integrity and ethics are the norm
- Consultative approach with the ability to clearly articulate ideas to gain stakeholder buy-in
- You have an agile, approachable attitude with good problem-solving skills and a desire to get involved in all aspects of e-commerce
- Self-driven and willingness to ‘roll up your sleeves’
- Excellent communication skills, an active listener, able to convey complex issues succinctly and with the correct priority
- SEO knowledge is a plus