Team Lead, Global Accounts, Walmart Media Group
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2021081
What you'll do at
Walmart Media Group’s Leadership team is seeking experienced Team Lead to help scale and grow one of the most important suppliers/marketers to both Walmart Media Group and Walmart. This seasoned sales executive will scale the strategy and revenue from one key marketer, while also building out a team of salespeople, account managers and campaign managers to scale this business.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic and focused strategist who understands how to vertically go deep within a marketer’s organization while also scaling Walmart’s horizontal leadership team. The candidate would have managed/scaled businesses in the past and has the capability to manage and motivate a small but high-performing team. Ideal candidates will have a consistent management experience as well as extensive experience selling or buying cross-network online marketing solutions such as direct response, search, branding, integrated sponsorships, and display advertising. Additionally, the candidate will have experience working within a matrix organization as well as experience in leading, coaching and influencing people. Candidates must have strong consultative sales skills with C-suite leaders, a collaborative and innovative spirit and be extremely comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Be responsible for driving the future strategic direction of the business
- Play a critical role in building, inspiring, training and managing a talented, motivated, highly consultative sales and services team
- Be seen as an industry leader in NYC, Chicago and/or San Francisco
- Understand our client's businesses and develop appropriate solutions to meet their needs
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to drive revenue growth with new and existing customers, be a point of escalation for any potential issues
- Execute projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research and strategy development
- Consult with Product Marketing to help shape product development in support of client needs in the region
- Evangelize WMG with agencies, clients and at targeted events, conferences and media opportunities and champion Facebook product releases internally and externally
- Strong ability to forecast and efficiently allocate resources to drive profitable business results
- Deliver the highest level of customer service and present WMG’s solutions in a compelling, positive and professional way
- 10+ years hands on experience of building and capability to manage high performing teams.
- Experience driving revenue growth with emerging opportunities and established partnerships
- Strong understanding of the advertising technology and data/performance measurement trends
- Skilled storyteller with experience communicating the benefit of marketing opportunities to brands
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with an emphasis on translating insights, product information, and data in to client value
- Ability to perform well in highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Proven ability to forge relationships with top marketing decision makers at brands and agencies
- Demonstrable success as a leader of change, achieving operational excellence by introducing new performance measures, processes and systems
- Provide strong leadership with the ability to build, train, coach and develop a high performing team including providing coaching and mentoring to other team leads
- Demonstrated track record in leading a team to surpass its targets and significantly grow the scale of the business partnerships under their control
- Ability to move fast, be bold, and thrive in a dynamic, quickly-changing environment
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with a strong focus on collaboration
- Customer-obsessed, Curious, Collaborative, Consultative, Courageous and Competitive
- Interested in understanding a business’s finances
- Authentic and passionate
- Respectful, Inclusive, Honest, Transparent
- Positive and solutions-oriented
- Sense of humor
About Walmart Media Group
At Walmart, we’ve led retail for over 60 years by keeping our customers’ needs at the center of everything we do. Our latest innovations leverage our online reach and massive network of physical stores to save 160 million weekly omnichannel customers time and money in ways no other retailer can match.
Walmart Media Group is building a robust in-house advertising business that’s key to Walmart’s growth strategy. We partner closely with brands on strategies and solutions that harness Walmart’s unparalleled omnichannel influence. We deliver relevant retail ads and experiences that connect our customers with the brands and products they love. And we use Walmart’s proprietary online and in-store data, encompassing 95% of American households, to measure campaign-correlated sales on our site and in our stores.
Walmart isn’t simply the world’s most successful retailer — we’re the world’s largest company. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a high-visibility team backed by the most talented retail colleagues in the world and over six decades of success. Join us.