Product Manager - Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN MATEO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2018283
What you'll do at
About the Job
We’re looking for a Product Manager to help reimagine the way we empower brand advertisers to reach and activate their audiences. The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role building compelling, impactful advertising solutions such as fully self-serve platforms to provide campaign automation and management, full funnel campaign targeting and measurement solutions designed to support the needs of the world’s largest brands by helping shoppers discover, research and buy from leading brands across properties such as Walmart, Jet, Moosejaw etc.
If you’re excited about leveraging Walmart’s audience data to design, develop and manage the next wave of innovative, this will be an exciting career move for you. To be successful in this role you will need to be creative, innovative, data driven, influencer, problem solver and great communicator.
- Grow our advertising revenue by identifying new opportunities, developing strategic programs and executing upon those strategies by delivering new advertising solutions for our customers
- Partner with internal advertising sales team and Walmart retail teams to create unique, compelling experiences that benefit shoppers and our advertising clients
- Drive product requirement definitions, research, metrics analysis, technical specifications, development, testing, KPIs and other launch efforts
- Work cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences
- Manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way and willing to do what it takes to make our product successful.
- Research the digital marketing ecosystem and players (including advertising partners, agencies, technology partners, and competitors) in order to inform product priorities
- Bachelor's degree required/MBA a huge plus!
- 5+ years in product management, digital ad sales and/or marketing
- Online display advertising industry experience and/or previous sales/business development/publisher experience are highly desired. Experience with custom solutions is a plus!
- Passionate about advertising and have experience creating compelling solutions that work both for end-users and advertisers.
- Passionate about generating big, creative ideas for online media, growing the business and working with advertisers and agencies to build innovative products
- Sound business judgment as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
- Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, proven ability to influence others internally and externally
About Walmart Media Group
At Walmart, we’ve led retail for over 60 years by keeping our customers’ needs at the center of everything we do. Our latest innovations leverage our online reach and massive network of physical stores to save 160 million weekly omnichannel customers time and money in ways no other retailer can match.
Walmart Media Group is building a robust in-house advertising business that’s key to Walmart’s growth strategy. We partner closely with brands on strategies and solutions that harness Walmart’s unparalleled omnichannel influence. We deliver relevant retail ads and experiences that connect our customers with the brands and products they love. And we use Walmart’s proprietary online and in-store data, encompassing 95% of American households, to measure campaign-correlated sales on our site and in our stores.
Walmart isn’t simply the world’s most successful retailer — we’re the world’s largest company. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a high-visibility team backed by the most talented retail colleagues in the world and over six decades of success. Join us.