Senior Product Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2017331
What you'll do at
Art.com Inc. is made up of talented people who are original thinkers and who love a culture where innovation, creativity and results are valued. Since its inception in 1998, Art.com has grown to be the largest online specialty retailer of high quality art, a position of strength that presents excellent opportunities for professional development and advancement for our employees.
As an innovative and growing company, Art.com Inc. consistently strives to remain competitive in attracting and retaining employees whose work-hard, play-hard attitude allows them to thrive in achieving both personal and professional goals. Our performance-based culture has been developed around this approach. You can also expect challenging, rewarding work, competitive salaries, great benefits, and tremendous opportunities for career growth.
About the Job
- Defines long-term vision and strategy for a product family by capitalizing on technology, business, and domain expertise; providing thought leadership on internal and external best practices and standards to drive decision making; conducting benchmark studies and competitive assessments; providing expertise on the market and competition; predicting market opportunities; and setting objectives and key performance indicators for products.
- Develops and enhances a product family by developing and managing product roadmaps; gathering, developing, and documenting requirements; considering technical architecture and implementation; collecting and analyzing customer and product data; turning customer insights into actionable priorities and initiatives; defining user and business acceptance criteria and roll out strategy; managing risks and dependencies; seeking patents to protect innovative ideas and products; and prioritizing product backlog.
- Crafts and develops solutions to business challenges by communicating requirements to key partners (for example, business leaders, User Experience, Engineering, Analytics); engaging with key partners to deliver and support initiatives; communicating status and insights related to product performance; and securing buy-in from executive-level leadership.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 4 years’ experience in product management or related field
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 6 years’ experience in product or solution development.
- 6 years’ experience gathering, identifying, and recommending solution requirements.
- 6 years’ experience consulting and advising business partners utilizing detailed analysis.
- Proven track record of successful product creation with measurable and significant business impact.