Associate Site Merchant - Art.com
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2013041
What you'll do at
About the Role
Category Review and Monitoring:
- Recommends site merchandising performance metrics for a moderately-to-highly complex category and notifies category managers of variations in results.
- Proactively studies and produces new analytics and then turns those analytics into innovative cut through conversion driving ideas.
- Reviews reports of site traffic and patterns and performs insightful analytics to determine areas for optimization to drive conversion rates.
- Partners with merchandising team to analyze category performance for a moderately-to-highly complex category and advises on where changes to visual presentation and merchandising may enhance sales conversion rates.
- Works closely with campaign and program leads and cross-functional partners (e.g., Merchandising, Creative, Marketing, Engineering) to develop and align on strategies and plan for a moderately-to-highly complex category.
- Serves as an advisor and partner to merchants and Sr Website manager, identifying potential enhancements or changes based on knowledge of the categories, industry trends and customer behaviors.
Customer Experience Optimization:
- Applies knowledge of customer behaviors and decision making and contributes to the development and execution of the strategy for site features and functionality (including what makes the category unique) for a moderately-to-highly complex category.
- Participates in understanding customer feedback, analyzing trends and developing insights about buyer group preferences and buying patterns to optimize customer experience and drive category performance.
- Manages the continuous analysis of patterns and recommends modification of site features to category managers to fit the needs of the customer.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects.
- Ensures business needs are being met.
- Maintains team motivation and engagement.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
Visual Merchandising Presentation:
- Oversees the visual merchandising presentation for a moderately-to-highly complex website to best respond to customer demand and convert visits into sales.
- Directs the display of and approves product attributes, images and content, and ensures proper taxonomy and attribution.
- Understands market best practices for visual merchandise displays and builds plans to reflect first class presentation of products within categories.
- Continually monitors site presentation and traffic and modifies visual presentation as necessary based on customer changing behaviors.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- 2 years related experience
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.