Head of Social Media
- Location NEW YORK, NY
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2010181
What you'll do at
Jet black is a technology company focused on changing the way people shop. Jet black originated as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart’s Store Nº8 , with the mission of giving time back to our members and making their lives more enjoyable. We seek to change consumer shopping behavior and e-commerce at a massive scale - we are looking for amazing talent to be a part of that journey.
We tripled in size in less than one year and we continue to bring flexibility, ownership, hard-work, and fun to work every day. At Jet black, we encourage our teammates to bring their best intentions and best selves to work every day. We're looking for more people with collaborative attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
Jet black is looking for a Head of Social Media. This leader will be responsible for developing and executing the overall organic social media strategy and supporting content creation. The Head of Social will work cross-functionally to craft & oversee a full social calendar. The Head of Social Media is responsible for building the Jet black community on all social media channels: strategically working with brand content on our storytelling, increasing our earned media marketing efforts while maximizing our social voice, and continually increasing our community engagement and loyalty.
- Develop and implement social media strategies across all Jet black social channels to drive social growth, engagement and acquisition.
- Determine when and why to launch social channels in which Jet black does not today have a presence (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, Google +, Youtube), and manage execution.
- Create social media content calendar and posting schedule across all platforms in conjunction with broader brand and business goals.
- Brief and manage social media content and copy with respective internal departments.
- Oversee community management and make sure all direct messages, comments, questions and concerns are answered appropriately and in as real time as possible.
- Ideate brand initiatives and activations seasonally in partnership with the marketing team for authentic 360 pushes.
- Work closely with Growth Marketing to ensure organic and paid social channels are connected and amplified.
- Implement and own a social media management tool set; collaborate with member services to support customer communications.
- Oversee reporting and social analytics to ensure all strategies and tactics are tracking against goals and KPIs.
- Stay on top of industry trends and mine opportunities within partnerships, emerging platforms, and new product betas.
- Manage total social media budget, other than paid placements.
- 4-6 years relevant social marketing experience.
- Experience with social media publishing, analytic and listening tools.
- Candidate must have a deep understanding of and be an active participant in the social media space.
- Ability to think both strategically and creatively.
- Results-oriented, with the ability to provide strategic recommendations based on data.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Resourceful and proactive, with strong project management skills and attention to detail.