Senior Sample Management Specialist - Fashion Photo Studio
- Location SECAUCUS, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Fashion
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2009671
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Walmart Fashion adds hundreds of new items onto the website each week. The Senior Sample Management Specialist leads a segment of the business on the execution of the sample management process.
The Senior Sample Management Specialist is responsible for tracking merchandise coming into the studio, unpacking, organizing and logging the merchandise into the sample tracking software while ensuring all product is ready for the photography production process. Upon completion of the process all merchandise will need to be checked out in the system, packed up accordingly. They will work closely with the photography teams to ensure proper flow of merchandise. Troubleshooting any issues or questions to ensure products flow through the studio as quickly as possible.
The Senior Sample Management Specialist is also responsible for contacting vendor and suppliers to ensure that all samples arrive within expected time frames. The role is responsible for ensuring system data is correct and update. They will contact the correct parties to fix anything out of compliance.
The role is responsible for ownership over multiple categories of business to manage the requests, logistics and communication of samples with the aim of reducing Not Available to Sell (NATS) inventory, increasing item count throughput, reducing time to site and reducing cost per item.
The Senior Sample Management Specialist is also responsible for helping the Sample Specialists: Answering questions, escalating issues to the proper parties, and identifying items.
You are a risk taker—a dreamer who delivers. You have big ideas and can implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends to know what’s happening in the world. You have a passion for innovation in eCommerce. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
The ideal candidate will be experienced, detail oriented, organized, and will demonstrate comfort with ambiguity. A positive attitude is a must with the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will possess the ability to succeed with minimal guidance and be skilled at anticipating problems and resolving them. Strong data analysis skills are a must. This person will be working under the direction of the Sample Management Lead. The environment is extremely fast paced by photography standards with average sample receipts of over 100 units per day.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The studio is fast-paced environment with an average of 30-100 items per bay daily, depending on category of business. A strong focus and sense of urgency is required along with the following skills. This role requires proven studio experience. The ideal candidate will execute on the following:
- Responsible for the physical organization of the sample closet including organizing samples by category, turn-in schedule, and priority
- Check the accuracy and quality of samples from vendors; track and report issues to Sample Management Lead
- Manage sample logistics (pack, unpack, track)
- Maintain spreadsheets and update systems in order to update status of merchandise for multiple parties.
- Analyze data to determine inaccuracies, initiate contact to correct these problems.
- Work with studio workflow management tools.
- Distribute merchandise to all responsible parties throughout the photo processes based on photo schedules and collect merchandise after the photo process is completed.
- Communicate merchandise special requests to all individuals who will come in contact with the samples throughout the photo process.
- Identify and resolve roadblocks in the workflow
- Point of contact for Sample Management Specialists, Photographers, Stylists with sample/merchandise questions
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE (QUALIFICATIONS)
- Minimum 3 years experience in a retail environment
- 2+ years experience in ecommerce photo studio
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of samples and equipment
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to perform under pressure
- Results driven and a sense of urgency
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to work within deadlines, thinking creatively to increase productivity and throughput
Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member - Reviews customer/member-focused data and adjusts performance to address findings.
Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment - Identifies, reviews, and applies policies and procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies and uses facts, information, and expertise to set priorities and make informed decisions. Uses data and evidence to determine the causes of problems and develop solutions to address them.
Execution and Results: Manage Execution and Results - Holds self accountable for completing work within expectations and time requirements. Plans and manages own time, based on business priorities, and follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Identifies and obtains the resources needed to complete projects.
Not afraid to ask questions
Planning and Improvement: Plan and Pursue Team-Based Improvement - Coordinates and aligns planning with organizational initiatives and direction. Looks at work plans and makes changes, as needed, to achieve team or work group objectives. Sets realistic timelines for goal accomplishment. Improves work processes and practices to increase performance and results
Influence and Communicate: Increase Commitment - Promotes ideas and links them to business needs and benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization.
Ethics and Compliance: Manage Ethics and Compliance Acts in accordance with policies and procedures. Ensures self demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethics in work situations.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Lifts and carries equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.