Senior Systems Engineer - Walmart Brands
- Location LOS ANGELES, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Home
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2002836
What you'll do at
Walmart, in an effort to ensure the number 1 spot in retail and eCommerce, has and continues to make a commitment to innovation. We do this in two ways; through incubation and acquisition of new and innovative technology companies, adding new brands to our family each and every year. The goal here is to allow these brands to grow organically with the backing of the world’s largest retailer, to live by our motto of "Save Money, Live better”. We are currently supporting brands including Bonobos, Jetblack, IRL, Franklin, Hayneedle, Art.com, Spatial&, Jet.com and many more. We are located in New York, the San Francisco Bay Area, Boston, Omaha, Los Angeles and Hoboken.
Here’s some inside info from business insider on Walmart Brands:
What You’ll Do:
We need super smart folks to help us build one of the best engineered e-commerce platforms in the world (big talk we know, but that is our goal!). Our teams combine creativity, curiosity, and drive to continuously perfect and revolutionize Walmart and our family of brands from the inside out. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious technologists who are passionate about innovation in general.
We are looking for someone who has experience developing and championing product strategies for one or more complex platform components, and road mapping for one or more platform product areas. This person will be developing external & internal market analysis and will own and drive Analysts relationships. You will be developing in-depth Build, buy, partner analysis, monetization, open-sourcing, & go-to-market strategies for a multitude of products. You will be driving the execution of multiple business plans and projects to see these products to completion. This position will be working at the intersection of engineering, design, and marketing as you see a product from inception to release.
- Administrator / engineer with 5+ years of experience in the IT field
- Human and team player who excels at customer service
- Someone experience with web hosting technologies and troubleshooting such as understanding of DNS, HTTP
- Experienced with Linux or Windows OS administration
- Fellow techie who’s been in a call center environment and preferably troubleshot phone system management
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Possess strong organizational and analytical skills
- Top notch communicator, through conversation and all things typed
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or equivalent work experience preferred