Junior Backend Engineer at Eloquii
- Location LONG ISLAND CITY, NY
- Department Retail
- Team Home
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2002836
What you'll do at
Walmart, in an effort to ensure the number 1 spot in retail and eCommerce, has and continues to make a commitment to innovation. We do this in two ways; through incubation and acquisition of new and innovative technology companies, adding new brands to our family each and every year. The goal here is to allow these brands to grow organically with the backing of the world’s largest retailer, to live by our motto of "Save Money, Live better”. We are currently supporting brands including Eloquii, Bonobos, Jetblack, IRL, Franklin, Hayneedle, Art.com, Spatial&, Jet.com and many more. We are located in New York, the San Francisco Bay Area, Boston, Omaha, Los Angeles and Hoboken.
Here’s some inside info from business insider on Walmart Brands:
What you'll do:
Here at Eloquii, we need super smart engineers to help us build one of the best engineered e-commerce platform in the world (big talk we know, but that is our goal!). Our engineers combine creativity, curiosity, and drive to continuously perfect and revolutionize our Walmart Family of brands from the inside out. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about technology in general.
You’re a risk taker, a dreamer that delivers, you have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to know what’s happening in the world and staying “in the know.” You have a passion for Software engineering. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies around where the only constant is change and you have these main skills:
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Minimum 1+ years of professional industry experience.
- Experience working with Java programming language or similar
- Proven industry experience with large scale distributed systems
- Solid experience with object-oriented and/or event driven systems
Even better if you’ve done:
- We love engineers experienced with rich and robust programming languages (Python, Scala, NodeJS, Ruby on Rails, Java Spring, Golang, etc)
- Understands the importance of operations in production systems (logging, telemetry, alerting etc.)
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Has ambition and vigor to add value to a rapidly growing development team