Hands-On Director of Engineering - Retail Industry
- Location LONG ISLAND CITY, NY
- Department Retail
- Team Home
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2002730
What you'll do at
Walmart, in an effort to ensure the number 1 spot in retail and eCommerce, has and continues to make a commitment to innovation. We do this in two ways; through incubation and acquisition of new and innovative technology companies, adding new brands to our family each and every year. The goal here is to allow these brands to grow organically with the backing of the world’s largest retailer, to live by our motto of "Save Money, Live better”. We are currently supporting brands including Eloquii, Bonobos, Jetblack, IRL, Franklin, Hayneedle, Art.com, Spatial&, Jet.com and many more. We are located in New York, the San Francisco Bay Area, Boston, Omaha, Los Angeles and Hoboken.
Here’s some inside info from business insider on Walmart Brands:
What You'll Do
We need a talented hands-on Director of Engineering to help us with our Platform here at Eloquii. Our team combines creativity, curiosity, and drive to continuously perfect and revolutionize Walmart and our family of brands from the inside out. We are looking to bring an intellectually curious Engineering Leader who is passionate about innovation in general.
We are looking for someone who has experience developing and championing product strategies for one or more complex platform components, and road mapping for one or more platform product areas. This person will be developing external & internal market analysis and will own and drive Analysts relationships. You will be developing in-depth Build, buy, partner analysis, monetization, open-sourcing, & go-to-market strategies for a multitude of products. You will be driving the execution of multiple business plans and projects to see these products to completion. This position will be working at the intersection of engineering, design, and marketing as you see a product from inception to release.
- Experience in the Retail or Fashion Industry
- 10+ years of Industry experience, focused on solving data & analytics challenges with minimum 5 years of solid product management experience; prefer some e-commerce or retail experience
- Strong product management experience in data & analytics domain, proven experience in building data products to solve critical business problems considering user at the center stage
- Must have experience working with and influencing partner roadmap
- Solid understanding of how to build & market platform solutions in cloud
- Technical Marketing, Solutions Marketing, Sales Engineering or Professional services experience
- Proven experience leading products from concept through sales or user adoption
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good experience of working with globally distributed teams in a collaborative and productive manner
- Prefer experience in one or more of the following areas: Big Data, data Quality and Governance, Machine Learning, Visualization, Cloud Security and Privacy